• You cannot reply to this topic

MATT

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Snowy {lang:icon}

• With this fire, we shall learn.
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • Group: Member

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:46 AM

Rhesal was weary from his travels. The desert had always appealed to him, its solitude and tranquilty unmatched by any other region. Although sometimes, like walking through twenty miles in full battle armor, the desert was too much for him to bear. One thing the desert did offer was a chance for Rhesal to collect his thoughts. He still wasn't sure why he was there, not the desert, but on the world at all. Most people seemed to fall into their intended purpose with little to no effort, but for him this had yet to occur. Currently, Rhesal was making a living off of finding rare items and selling them to mercants. It didn't matter what town, the name of the merchant, or what he was getting, after three years of this it all ran together.

The sun was hot. Like, really {expletive ninja'd by Cspace}ing hot. Rhesal removed the plate mail from his chest without a single thought. He tossed it in the sand, and carried on. Now, down to nothing but his clothes, sheathe and holster. He briefly considered dropping his gun and sword, then dismissed the idea without any further thought. No matter how hot and uncomfortable they may be, he couldn't afford to be without his weapons. Not in this desert. God knows what kind of creatures roamed these sand dunes.

So here we find Rhesal, walking through an empty desert with nothing but his own thoughts for company.
Proof That Darky is, in fact, evil:
Snowy: Lo'.
Darky: The ' usually goes before the lo =P But hi!
Snowy: It was for loser. Not for hello.
Darky: ...
Snowy: XD
Darky: Don't make me kill you.
Snowy: =O With what? =P
Darky: My bare hands.
Rhesal's Page
My Darky Theory/My Nuu Theory/My Nazy Theory
QUOTE (Neraphym @ Apr 16 2008, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Omg, Snowy's back!!!!!!

QUOTE (JGJTan @ Apr 19 2008, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're like full of awesome sayings, Snowy. We all wish we could be just like you. Please be our leader!

Snowy: I want your babies.
Snowy: In my womb.

Darky: Kinky.
Rhesal Blizzard (DS2) NOT FINISHED
Nick McDizzle says:
If we hung out, I would get you laid.

*red+u Matt says:
*red+u Matt says:
You should move here.

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Darkness {lang:icon}

• CHILDREN!
  • Icon
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:58 AM

Arturus walked slowly through the desert. At first, he had had no hesitation, prepared to cross the desert in as short a time as possible and then continue on. He hadn't realized how very hot it would be. His lips were cracked, his tongue felt completely dry. His eyes hurt from the sun reflecting off the endless dunes of white sand. Every time he reached the top of another one, he gazed out towards the horizon, hoping he would at last see the end of this hell -- but never was he greeted by such a reassuring sight. Just more dunes. Always more dunes.

Well, that wasn't completely true. There was that one time he thought he saw the end of the desert. It wasn't really so, though; just his eyes seeing what they wanted to see. He had heard that could happen, but he had laughed and said he wasn't weak enough to fall for such a trap. One learned much about one's self when stretched to their limits.

He raised his waterskin to his lips. It felt like he hadn't drunk anything in months. There was little water left in the skin, and he had to ration it carefully if he wanted to survive to the end of this hell. He felt like his brown-gray clothes were insulating every last drop of heat inside of his body, instead of helping to keep him cool like he had been promised by the vendor.

At last, he reached the top of the dune he had been scaling. His eyes raised to the horizon. More dunes. Always more dunes.

“In the valley of hope, there is no winter.”

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Snowy {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:05 AM

Although most people fell victim to mirages, Rhesal wasn't most people. His prolonged time in the desert has made him almost invulnerable to its deadly ways. Rhesal, while possessing only a small flask for water, had hardly drank from it. He was tired, sure, but not exhausted to the point of heat stroke. So when Rhesal saw the black figure at the top of the next dune, he was quite sure it wasn't a mirage.

Rhesal pulled out his pistol, popped out the clip and made sure it was full. He then popped the clip back into his gun, and pulled the slide back. He put his loaded gun behind his back, flicking off the safety as he did so. To Rhesal, this was just routine. If anyone had been watching him, then would have hardly seen the gun at all due to the speed at which Rhesal did this task.

So he waited, in parade rest with both hands behind his back, for the figure to cross the dune in front of him. He would wait for him to speak first, confrontations in the desert didn't usually end well, but if it came down to violence Rhesal would be ready. He was always ready.
Rhesal's Page
Omg, Snowy's back!!!!!!

You're like full of awesome sayings, Snowy. We all wish we could be just like you. Please be our leader!

Nick McDizzle says:

*red+u Matt says:
*red+u Matt says:
You should move here.

#4 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Darkness {lang:icon}

• CHILDREN!
  • Icon

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:20 AM

Arturus started down the other side of the dune, stumbling every once in a while as his foot sunk into the sand. The sand blazed in his eyes. He hoped his body could take it.

He thought he saw a figure down in the valley between the two dunes. Was it just another illusion? Or could it be real? He hadn't seen any other life since he entered the desert all that time ago. How long had it been, anyway? Days? Weeks? Months? It all seemed to blend together.

He would approach the figure, but warily. If it was an illusion, there was nothing to fear, but if it was real, it could be anyone. In this world, few people were friendly.

#5 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Snowy {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:26 AM

The figure Rhesal saw almost fell down the dune, and Rhesal couldn't help but to smile. This wasn't another hired gun out to kill him, or even a soldier with nothing better to do. From the looks of him, this was just a man traveling the desert by himself. So Rhesal flicked the safety on his pistol to on, then quickly stuffed it into the back of his waistband.

He stood there, grinning, with his hand outstretched to the man who was slowly moving towards him.
Rhesal's Page
Omg, Snowy's back!!!!!!

Nick McDizzle says:

*red+u Matt says:
*red+u Matt says:
You should move here.

#6 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Darkness {lang:icon}

• CHILDREN!
  • Icon

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:35 AM

If Rhesal was under the impression that the man that was now approaching him was not dangerous, he was quite mistaken -- and surprisingly so, as by Rhesal's bearing one might assume he had a bit more trained an eye. The man had a sword strapped to his waist, and even half-stumbling down the shifting sands of a dune, and half-asleep on his feet, it was clear by the way he carried himself that he knew how to use it. His gait seemed almost to suggest a lethal grace, almost like a cat ready to spring.

As Arturus neared the other man, he became more and more sure it was not, in fact, an illusion. There was always a chance; in fact, it was his understanding that the mind could invent the most fanciful situations and still pass them off to the consciousness as being real. So indeed, this man could be nothing other than a dustdevil at all. But yet, he certainly seemed real. Better to be wary.

Arturus stopped a fair distance away from the other, far too much distance to shake his hand -- a hand that he did not even really acknowledge. Strange that this man should act so friendly to a stranger who he met in so odd a place as the middle of a desert. Strange, and perhaps telling that this man was a bit too trusting.

#7 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Snowy {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:44 AM

Rhesal put that hand back behind his back to the grip of his pistol, and he also put away the smile. How stupid he was! He once thought this man to be just traveling by himself in the desert, but didn't that very fact make him suspicious? Now that he thought about it, Rhesal had never seen anyone aside from himself travel alone in this desert. Also, the man was armed, which wasn't surprising in such violent times, but to not be weary of a man with a sword could cost Rhesal his life, he was smart enough to know that.

If this man wasn't interested in pleasantries, Rhesal would skip straight to the meat of things. "Hello. Why are you alone in the desert? What business do you have here? Surely you can't be headed somewhere, because the nearest town is in the direction you are coming from, and you wouldn't live to see the lands on the side to which you are headed, I'm positive the desert would claim you first."
Rhesal's Page
Omg, Snowy's back!!!!!!

Nick McDizzle says:

*red+u Matt says:
*red+u Matt says:
You should move here.

#8 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Darkness {lang:icon}

• CHILDREN!
  • Icon

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:48 AM

A little baby tarantula skittered over the sand nearby. "Oh look a cute little tarantula. =D"

#9 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Snowy {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:55 AM

The tarantula started to move towards the two mens general direction, then a loud explosion happened and the back of the tarantulas boyd exploded, leaving only the head and front two legs. It continued to scuttle over to the men, then stopped, stood for a moment, and then fell down, dead.

Rhesals' eyes never left the man. His pistol wasn't behind his back, but in his right hand, pointed at the dead tarantula. He stayed like that for a moment, then holstered his weapon. Safety is still off, he told himself.
Rhesal's Page
Omg, Snowy's back!!!!!!

Nick McDizzle says:

*red+u Matt says:
*red+u Matt says:
You should move here.

#10 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Darkness {lang:icon}

• CHILDREN!
  • Icon

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:01 AM

The ground rumbled. Sand shifted, sliding as if into a great crevasse that had opened in the earth not a hundred feet away from the pair. As if into a giant funnel, the sand disappeared almost as if into a vortex. Then a great shape seemed to rise up from the middle of it, more immense than anything Arturus had ever seen. His eyes widened slightly, and he positioned himself so he could see both the stranger and whatever was going on over there at the same time.

Within a matter of seconds, the sand had shifted off the great shape, falling into the vacuum beneath it. A huge tarantula creature was before them, looking at them... hungrily? Arturus drew his weapon. Did he have any choice?

#11 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Snowy {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:07 AM

Rhesal couldn't help but grin as he drew his sword from its' sheathe on his back. Killing the tarantula had been nothing more than a scare tactic, but it was also a struck of fortune for Rhesal. He had come into this desert to hunt the creature that now towered in front of the men. It's fangs were quite valuable in the nearest market, and the only way to get the fangs was to kill it.

He twirled the sword around in the air, mentally readying himself for the humongous spider. He had almost entirely forgotten the stranger, which could have been a fatal mistake. "I don't know who you are, and I won't judge you if you run, but this is my spider. I've been hunting him for over a week." Rhesal patiently tilted his head to speak to the stranger, but still kept the majority of his attention on the spider, which was continuing to rise out of the sand.
Rhesal's Page
Omg, Snowy's back!!!!!!

Nick McDizzle says:

*red+u Matt says:
*red+u Matt says:
You should move here.

#12 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Darkness {lang:icon}

• CHILDREN!
  • Icon

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:20 AM

Arturus grimaced. He had never seen anything quite so large. Especially not a spider. Its torso hovered five stories above the ground, its legs as wide as towers, and each of its eyes the size of a wagon. How were they supposed to kill it? Of course, there was no other option -- how could they run from something that large? So they had to kill it. SO KILL IT THEY WOULD.

With hardly a glance for the other man, and not a word, he charged towards the colossal beast. His previous fatigue was all but forgotten. It moved in their direction as well. Perhaps it was hungry. As it approached, he focused his mind... and forced the air before him together, making it denser, and then leaping out onto this 'platform' of air. He formed another before him, higher from the ground, and leaped up to it, releasing the previous one, but already he was moving to another, and another, as if climbing some sort of steep, curving staircase, up towards the tarantula's level. At last he reached it, and he jumped off of the platform of air and onto the hairy back of the creature.

#13 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Snowy {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 26 February 2010 - 11:28 PM

Rhesal watched in silence as the man nimbly jumped onto the spiders back. He had to wonder about his means of getting up there. Hadn't it looked as if he manipulated the air into a... invisible staircase? Yes, it had, and later Rhesal would address that, but now was not the time.

Rhesal looked down at the sword in his hand, then threw it at the huge spider. The blade flew, end after end, until it finally stopped, lodged in the foremost of the spiders legs on the left side. Rhesal lifted up his right pant leg and drew a dagger from the sheathe strapped to his ankle. He ran towards were the blade was stuck, about ten feet off the ground, and jumped to it.

He grabbed the swords hilt with his left hand, and lodged his dagger into the spiders leg with his right. Once he had a firm hold, he began to move slowly up the spiders leg, sticking in his dagger and sword, one after the other, and simultaneously pulling himself up. This all went pretty easily until the spider began to move. Rhesal knew how fast spiders could crawl, but this one was {expletive ninja'd by Cspace}in bookin' it.

Rhesal, in response to the rapid acceleration of the spider, sped up his efforts to climb to the top. After a few moments, he reached the top. He hoisted himself onto the spiders head, and removed both of his weapons from its upper leg. Although the blades were coated in the spiders blood, it hadn't seemed to notice the pain at all.

After sheathing both blades in their proper holdings, Rhesal drew his firearm. He walked to the vertice of the spiders head, feeling the rough and stiff har of the tarantula through his clothes. Once at the vertice, Rhesal had a clear view of the spiders eyes. He aimed briefly, then fired a shot directly into the nearest eyeball. Without hesitation, the spider writhed and bucked. As a result, Rhesal was momentarily knocked to his {expletive antidisestablishmentarianized by Cspace}, where he grabbed hold of the spiders hair and held on for dear life.
Rhesal's Page
Omg, Snowy's back!!!!!!

Nick McDizzle says:

*red+u Matt says:
*red+u Matt says:
You should move here.

#14 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Darkness {lang:icon}

• CHILDREN!
  • Icon

Posted 28 February 2010 - 09:32 PM

The spider began moving forward, quickly, and Arturus had to grab on to a tuft of the spider's coarse hair to keep from falling off. He slowly worked his way towards the creature's head, and when he finally arrived, he drew out his sword and embedded it deeply into one of the spider's eyes. This happened at more or less the same time as the other man shot one. The creature writhed in pain, and Arturus held onto the blade that was embedded in its eye once again to keep from falling.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users