• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Future Leaders of DoA

#16 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Goto {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • Group: Global Moderator

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:02 AM

I might only be thinking of the one instance, so I guess that's not really a very telling indication of anything. I guess I wasn't really trying to imply that I had problems with the idea of you having a shot as leader, merely that I didn't want someone stepping up under the false assumption that being leader meant inviting in friends and spending money on the guild hall.

As far as recruitment methods goes, we have had times where we've gone for the more traditional town yelling methods of recruitment, and gotten some good members from that. In general it doesn't seem to be something the majority of us are all that comfortable doing, but neither does that mean that we can grow sufficiently solely through closed-system recruiting of friends. Those are the two extremes, there are proactive alternatives within that range. Recruiting from community sites (where you get the chance to give more than a one line explanation), helping newbies, more of an emphasis on PUGs, etc.

#17 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Rylkan {lang:icon}

• Dirty Panda
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Global Admin

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:06 PM

A wammo as leader?!?! :runs screaming into the night: :P

I'm joking. But I will definitely try to help, though I suspect more near gw2 release, since that is a time to prepare.
#: ssh God@Heaven.org
Password: CurvedSpace
/God> rm *

The BEST error message ever: "Cowardly refusing to create an empty archive."

#18 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Goto {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:06 PM

Aww, I'll always be a wammo at heart though. :P

#19 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Lord Sparks {lang:icon}

• Casual lurker
  • Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:07 PM

well, any chance we could settle on something? :3

#20 {lang:macro__useroffline}   x.. {lang:icon}

• I Can't Decide On An Avatar
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:09 AM

Do a poll?

#21 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Ratty {lang:icon}

• Bigrat2
  • Icon
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:22 AM

MAKE ME LEADER

I HAVE A DREAM
Empty sig is empty.

#22 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Lord Sparks {lang:icon}

• Casual lurker
  • Icon

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:23 AM

{lang:macro__view_post}☭, on 13 July 2010 - 09:09 AM, said:

Do a poll?

Alright then, let's get names of people who actually wanna have a go at being leader, and then people can vote.

Ratty, did you actually want a go? Anyone else who like to "officially" put there name forward? :3

#23 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Goto {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:33 AM

{lang:macro__view_post}Desperado, on 15 June 2010 - 09:27 AM, said:

I'm not saying that I'm receiving applications for the position, or that there's some sort of contest to win it

This isn't really about nominating a new leader, and I don't think a poll would be the best way to go about it anyway.

#24 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Rylkan {lang:icon}

• Dirty Panda
  • Icon

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:08 PM

If you make me leader, I promise we will have a fully stocked bar and mini fridge in the guild hall at all times!
/God> rm *

#25 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Goto {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:45 AM

{lang:macro__view_post}Rylkan, on 11 August 2011 - 07:08 AM, said:

If you make me leader, I promise we will have a fully stocked bar and mini fridge in the guild hall at all times!

You've got a deal. Rylkan for supreme overlord.

#26 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Capozide {lang:icon}

• The Legend
  • Icon

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:01 AM

I'm not one to lead, and I doubt I'm really a candidate for one to lead, since I left pretty early into DoA's history as a guild (shortly after the first stagnant phase of the guild). But if/once you guys do get members, I wouldn't mind joining in your adventures, or lead you to new ones. :P

I have a LOT of friends from GW1 that I actively played with and became friends with for a long time, who now play other games (like myself) but are anxiously waiting to start GW2.

And I also got a lot of my IRL friends to jump on the bandwagon too. I'm expecting I will possibly have a group of ~15-20 people who will probably join together to play as a group when GW2 starts. I could try and point them here, but most of them aren't real community/forum oriented users (such as myself), they'd rather just jump into the game and organize something in the guild chat and have a go at it.

Wherever GW2 takes us, good luck DoA :)
Posted Image

#27 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Rylkan {lang:icon}

• Dirty Panda
  • Icon

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:14 PM

{lang:macro__view_post}Capozide, on 16 September 2011 - 08:01 AM, said:

I'm not one to lead, and I doubt I'm really a candidate for one to lead, since I left pretty early into DoA's history as a guild (shortly after the first stagnant phase of the guild). But if/once you guys do get members, I wouldn't mind joining in your adventures, or lead you to new ones. :P

I have a LOT of friends from GW1 that I actively played with and became friends with for a long time, who now play other games (like myself) but are anxiously waiting to start GW2.

And I also got a lot of my IRL friends to jump on the bandwagon too. I'm expecting I will possibly have a group of ~15-20 people who will probably join together to play as a group when GW2 starts. I could try and point them here, but most of them aren't real community/forum oriented users (such as myself), they'd rather just jump into the game and organize something in the guild chat and have a go at it.

So....who are you? :P I honestly can't remember you from in game, so you must have jumped out pretty quick indeed.
/God> rm *

#28 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Capozide {lang:icon}

• The Legend
  • Icon

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:42 PM

{lang:macro__view_post}Rylkan, on 16 September 2011 - 09:14 AM, said:

{lang:macro__view_post}Capozide, on 16 September 2011 - 08:01 AM, said:

So....who are you? :P I honestly can't remember you from in game, so you must have jumped out pretty quick indeed.

At the time I was in DoA, my main character was Nemisis Valor (an Elementalist). I was in DoA throughout most (if not all) of Prophecies, and jumped out probably a few after Factions was released. I know you started playing GW a little bit later than the rest of DoA, so that's probably why you didn't see/hear/know about me.
Posted Image

#29 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Ariana {lang:icon}

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:40 PM

I just noticed this post. And since GW2 will be most likely released in the next three months... I thought I'd chime in.

Tanny would make a wonderful guild leader in GW2. He will probably spend more than enough time playing and being outgoing to strangers. He is kind, generous, easygoing, helpful and friendly to everyone. And naturally, everyone loves Tanny. He'll also probably play across time zones because he'll stop going to classes and sleeping... :P

I sense that in the beginning, it won't really matter too much. But if we do plan on growing our relatively inactive guild, we should consider a small change. :)

#30 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Goto {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:09 AM

Tanny was a good leader for GW1. If we can convince him to do it, he'd be a great choice. :)

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users