• You cannot reply to this topic

Future Leaders of DoA

#31 {lang:macro__useroffline}   JGJTan {lang:icon}

• Smile and be happy. =)
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:48 AM

So this is why you sent me that flattering e-mail! I thought something was fishy...

I never did anything as guild leader, though! I mean, I know I'm going to be playing Guild Wars 2 a hell of a lot, but that shouldn't warrant me being leader. I was only leader last time because I asked Traver (sp? and correct person? god that name is nostalgic) to invite someone to the guild and he ended up making me leader instead...

And omg I will in fact be attending my classes. I might not sleep much, though. And this Tuesday doesn't count because my lecturer's out of the country all week so I can skip class because the person taking over said she'd just mark me present. But I can't skip my politics class because it's important and I've skipped too many and I have to hand an assignment in. I'll have you know I'm averaging A-/B+ across the board! And apparently it's that low because I'm not paying attention to class and my assignments as much. So there. I'm allowed to not attend once in a while.

I also have some friends who might be interested in joining the guild so yeah. PARTY TIMES!

^^ Thanks Ayumi, you rock!! ^^

How many five-year-olds could you take in a fight?
Red Carnation, Hibiscus. Spiderflower. White Violet... Peony?

Click here to learn about the language of flowers

#32 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Goto {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Global Moderator

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:29 PM

You did a good job of making people feel welcome and included, as well as just generally being enthusiastic about things. We were (and still will be, most likely) a small and relatively unfocused group of players, it was never a case of needing a visionary leader or someone who would enjoy telling others what to do. It was always fun with you at the helm, and that was the important part. :P

And by all means, get friends in the guild. The more people playing in our sort of time zones, the better.

#33 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Rylkan {lang:icon}

• Dirty Panda
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Global Admin

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:06 AM

I think that is a reasonable way to do things. And besides, there are officers for a reason. If the older players were Officers, we can invite new people, and represent different time zones as needed.

Tanny for President in 2012. :)
#: ssh God@Heaven.org
Password: CurvedSpace
/God> rm *

The BEST error message ever: "Cowardly refusing to create an empty archive."

#34 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Nate {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:14 AM

short of real life friends making a guild or discovering OoA playing, I'd be happy to help out.

#35 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Ariana {lang:icon}

• Advanced Member
  • Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:14 AM

{lang:macro__view_post}JGJTan, on 13 May 2012 - 02:48 AM, said:

So this is why you sent me that flattering e-mail! I thought something was fishy...

I never did anything as guild leader, though! I mean, I know I'm going to be playing Guild Wars 2 a hell of a lot, but that shouldn't warrant me being leader. I was only leader last time because I asked Traver (sp? and correct person? god that name is nostalgic) to invite someone to the guild and he ended up making me leader instead...

And omg I will in fact be attending my classes. I might not sleep much, though. And this Tuesday doesn't count because my lecturer's out of the country all week so I can skip class because the person taking over said she'd just mark me present. But I can't skip my politics class because it's important and I've skipped too many and I have to hand an assignment in. I'll have you know I'm averaging A-/B+ across the board! And apparently it's that low because I'm not paying attention to class and my assignments as much. So there. I'm allowed to not attend once in a while.

I also have some friends who might be interested in joining the guild so yeah. PARTY TIMES!

What flattering email? Did you respond?

I'm 100% sure that none of this is a good reason for you not to accept Guild Leader. You could even change the guild name if you wanted. (I think?) Anyway, I'm not sure bribing people to mark you as present and being at the limit of skipping politics classes is good discipline. This of course even makes you a better candidate as our guild leader. :P

#36 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Res {lang:icon}

• Ol' Crazy Res
  • Icon
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:45 AM

What kind of server is DoA going to be rolling on?
Because as it stands, I could have at least 4 to no more than 8 people interested in joining up, considering the server type.
We're all PVP RP oriented though. 98% hardcore in both of those aspects. :s
Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.
Such a heavy burden now to be "The One".
Born to bear and read to all the details of our ending
To write it down for all the world to see.

#37 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Rylkan {lang:icon}

• Dirty Panda
  • Icon

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:52 PM

Well, all the servers will have PvP. And they mix up which servers work together and who are facing one another, so its not easy to pick out any one server that is PvP oriented.

That being said, I know I enjoyed WvW immensely, and I think others here enjoyed it a good bit as well. So it shouldn't be too hard to find others who will play along. That being said, we're likely going to be a PvE and PvP group. But since the PvP is set up such that you can easily join others, it fills the gaps well.
/God> rm *

#38 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Res {lang:icon}

• Ol' Crazy Res
  • Icon
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:56 AM

Is the PVP set as all world pvp? Or only in certain zones? I thoroughly enjoy the concept of WvW, and will be investing much into that.

That being settled, what about RP wise in this guild in particular? Is that going to be just an optional thing? Or will it be encouraged? Cos with pvp knowledge as it is, RP is the selling point for me for this, as my group and I intend to be IC at least 95-98% of the time.
Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.
Such a heavy burden now to be "The One".
Born to bear and read to all the details of our ending
To write it down for all the world to see.

#39 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Rylkan {lang:icon}

• Dirty Panda
  • Icon

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:32 PM

I happen to like RP. I haven't seen others particularly take part, but I don't think they are opposed either. If anything, I think most would enjoy the novelty of it.

For me, as a D&D geek, it sits just right with me. :)
/God> rm *

#40 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Goto {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Global Moderator

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:00 PM

There's no all world PvP anywhere in the game, standard PvE areas are very much focused on easy cooperation with the random people you find. There's structured PvP which is arena style stuff like in the last game, and WvW. WvW happens on dedicated maps, which are all pretty huge. The fact that these WvW maps also contain a bunch of PvEish features (passive/aggressive mobs, dynamic events, skill point challenges, gathering nodes, jumping puzzles, etc.) actually help to give the impression of world pvp without forcing it on others. There are reasons to be hanging out there beyond actively wanting to attack other players, while also giving you a legitimate reason to fight in order to gain territory and worldwide buffs for your server.

I took part in some big fights to defend/attack major objectives, I went around with a couple of DoA people to capture minor objectives, and I went around solo just to explore. Tanny's idea of fun was to go there just to gather ore, and see how effectively he could survive by himself by sneaking around into enemy territory and running away whenever he came under attack. It seems like WvW might be a very rich source of mid-to-high level materials, so that kind of behaviour might well become common.

As far as RP goes, I'm probably not particularly interested myself but it's not like I have a problem with others doing it. As far as I know so far there aren't any 'official' RP servers, the impression I was getting was that anything of the sort would probably be unofficial and community-driven. By launch you'll be capable of playing on any server with the same character as a 'guest', which allows you to do everything other than representing them for WvW. So which server we settle on for a home shouldn't have too much relevance on whether or not anyone can RP. It's also worth noting that you'll be able to join multiple guilds at the same time as long as you're only representing one at a time for the purposes of earning influence, etc. Not really sure how the guild chat will reflect multi-guild stuff at present, though.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users