CurvedSpace Forums: Well? What keeps YOU coming back? - CurvedSpace Forums

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

JGJTan Icon : (05 July 2018 - 10:07 AM) So this has been a while! It's @jgjtan and @leftyy here having a nostalgia trip. We hope you all have been having a great time so far! Miss you, be back in another 5-10 years. (Or find me on social media -- it's not that hard.)
MoldyRaven Icon : (07 November 2017 - 10:03 AM) Back again after 14 years! Good to see this still up.
X Zolon Icon : (22 October 2017 - 04:54 PM) Polo.
MA-53 Icon : (13 October 2017 - 09:42 PM) Marco
ticktockclok Icon : (08 October 2017 - 11:26 PM) Just thought of this place, and figured I would try to log in. I last posted 10 years ago. Hello to anyone out there - especially those from way back!
Res Icon : (06 October 2017 - 03:11 AM) As well as things can be, good to hear from you all :D!!! Much love all around.
X Zolon Icon : (05 October 2017 - 05:02 AM) Strange. I was thinking about it around the same time. Just didn't come back until now. Hope everyone is well.
Glammeress Icon : (16 July 2017 - 12:48 AM) Just thinking about this place, like out of nowhere. Hope everyone is well.
Rylkan Icon : (09 July 2017 - 04:07 PM) Not bad. Just finishing up grad school. Which means I am looking for distractions from writing. :p
Phieta Icon : (09 July 2017 - 05:06 AM) Still flying, so to speak. How goes with you?
Rylkan Icon : (09 July 2017 - 02:42 AM) I am even more amazed someone replied to this in less than a few month timescale. Hi! How goes?
Phieta Icon : (08 July 2017 - 09:43 PM) He does log into GW every month or so to retain leadership, so that's something
Phieta Icon : (08 July 2017 - 09:42 PM) There are several of us! Several!
Rylkan Icon : (08 July 2017 - 06:33 PM) I was actually hoping to get in touch with Cspace since its been forever. But it looks like our old leader is lost to the void.
Rylkan Icon : (08 July 2017 - 06:29 PM) In a moment of pure nostalgia, I remembered this site. Seeing any shouts from this year is insane.
asyluman Icon : (17 January 2017 - 02:45 AM) i only JUST started playing FFVIII
asyluman Icon : (17 January 2017 - 02:45 AM) woah are people still here
Phieta Icon : (13 January 2017 - 09:05 AM) Apparently I joined SeeD 14 years ago today.
Dragonman Icon : (10 September 2016 - 02:29 AM) Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive, but to be young was very heaven
x.. Icon : (13 July 2016 - 01:14 AM) idk. both of those are complicated questions.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Well? What keeps YOU coming back?

#1 User is offline   Res Icon

• Ol' Crazy Res
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:37 AM

Honest question. What gets you to keep clicking that bookmark or typing the address in? Strictly LoTPW? Or do you have some semblance of hope that there might be a worthwhile thread active or going on sometimes? Habit? Or absolute lack of anything to do?

And did Tanny die IRL?

Mine is a sense of habit, and hope, I guess. I keep wanting to see old faces and stuff. Or see a thread worth replying to that isn't LoTPW. Problem with me is, I just can't ever think of anything worth posting as a topic. But between those automated feckers that keep thanking us for sharing things and El Oh Tee Pee Dub, it's like this place is all but gone.

And it makes me a sad panda. ;n;
Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.
Such a heavy burden now to be "The One".
Born to bear and read to all the details of our ending
To write it down for all the world to see.

#2 User is offline   x.. Icon

• I Can't Decide On An Avatar
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:28 AM

I still check daily out of habit and hope that I will find something worth replying to. I'm too boring to start threads. This place will probably never be completely gone, there will always be a trickle of activity-water somewhere near LOTPW.

By the way, Wyv, I know you will read this. Stop lurking and post already.

#3 User is offline   Star Jedi Icon

• Icon
  • View gallery
  • Group: Community Admin

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:14 PM

I like to see old faces... This place will never die!... although we're raging war against spambots now instead of the anti-SeeDs! How not fun.

Posted Image

oh.. And Cspace was on today!!! :D

#4 User is offline   Phieta Icon

• Not impressed, darling.
  • Icon
  • View gallery

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:28 AM

View PostStar Jedi, on 02 May 2011 - 08:14 AM, said:

oh.. And Cspace was on today!!! :D

He's on here and on GW every couple days or so; he just doesn't actually do anything. Yesterday we finally got a ":thumb:" out of him after 4.5 months of silence.

I've dropped to checking every week or two now. Not sure I'll ever be able to fully give up on this place, but I'm getting pretty close. Not much left but spambots, tumbleweeds, and a few vigilante mods, aye?

.....private CurvedSpace Minecraft server, anyone?
Those who will remember, will speak fondly of the warm morning breeze.

#5 User is offline   Phieta Icon

• Not impressed, darling.
  • Icon
  • View gallery

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:40 AM

View PostPhieta, on 05 May 2011 - 10:28 PM, said:

BUMP LOL
Those who will remember, will speak fondly of the warm morning breeze.

#6 User is offline   Star Jedi Icon

• Icon
  • View gallery
  • Group: Community Admin

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:46 AM

View PostPhieta, on 06 May 2011 - 12:28 AM, said:

I've dropped to checking every week or two now. Not sure I'll ever be able to fully give up on this place, but I'm getting pretty close. Not much left but spambots, tumbleweeds, and a few vigilante mods, aye?

Yeah, the spambots are a little.. much. Wish there was something we could do about the massive bot advertising :sweat:

Minecraft does look fun... and EQ2/Sony has been down forever...

#7 User is offline   Dragonman Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:01 PM

This place was bumbin' the most was RuneScape was the best thing since sliced bread, and while GW1 was still relatively new. I'm sure we can get serious activity going again when the new games start coming out, such as GW2 and Diablo3.
Posted Image

"Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."
--K

#8 User is offline   CongressJon Icon

• Alias Hyperfried
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:35 AM

Nostalgia, mainly.

Wait, what?
Senior Member / Intellectual Crusader

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic