• You cannot reply to this topic

Ketchup Or Catsup...or whatever.

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   MA-53 {lang:icon}

• For Sproogle
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:14 PM

Getting that message from Desperado (still feels odd calling him that) really brought back the memories. The early days, the parties, LOTPW... Heh. I remember when Desperado made me a moderator. I think originally it was in the Chat forum, and I begged and pleaded and whined until he transferred me to the Insanity Board. Seems like so long ago.

It's amazing to see all you folks still hanging around here after all this time. I thought it might be fun to just catch up for a bit.

I'm turning 21 in 2 weeks. I just finished my first semester in college after an extended break since high school. I'm majoring in philosophy at a state college here in Atlanta (I moved two years ago to escape my life of mediocrity in Chicago), and hoping to go on for a graduate degree in neuroscience. I work as a server at a fancy restaurant, and have begun going in to learn how to cook on my days off.

I don't really play Runescape anymore. It lost its appeal to me long ago, and I stopped paying for membership when I realized I'd gone 6 months without playing. I'd be willing to resubscribe to participate if interest in it builds up again, though I can't really promise I'd be the most active member. Schooling and working full time doesn't leave much time for gaming.

That being said, I do still play Warcraft. I'm over on the Bronzebeard server mainly, and could contribute to a SeeD guild there. I generally sign on every day, though sometimes it's only to check the mail, and I seldom play more than 10 hours a week. I'd be willing to reroll anywhere, of course, to play with you guys.

That's everything with me. What's new with you?

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Red Sentinel {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:07 AM

Come on Mase, you know as well as I do that he's not Desperado, it's Cspace!

It is for me as I assume it would be for all of us, quite different from when we were last here, considering we've all grown up, more or less.

I'm 20 years old now, no longer living in Norway with my parents.

I'm now living in Sydney, Australia, doing a bachelor of science in nanotechnology, since my space technology degree in Norway is finished.

As with you, Mase, I don't play RS anymore. Ech contacted me about a month ago if I had any gold on my account, and I gave him the whole account. I'm probably still able to log on, but it lost its appeal many, many years ago.

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Nazē. {lang:icon}

• OGFEWSWCSWOCSUUPOTOFTW
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:04 AM

You guys. Not just you two personally but a bunch of people on here. I want to be friends with all of you. :( I feel like so many of us would get along.

Buut anyways here's my real life update. Graduated high school last year, been working full time and attending college full time. And taking care of my sister part time. She's two. It's fun most of the time. The rest of the time I want to shoot myself in the foot.

I'm in the middle of trying to get a new job that pays more than minimum wage and allows me to transfer out of state. The plan is to move to LA. I want to get into acting and make-up design and artsy fartsy stuff so that I can become a starving artist yaaay. Unfortunately I live in the state with the highest rate of unemployment in the US. Hoorah. But. That's okay.

That's about the gist of it.

Oh yeah, I never was much of a gamer even when I joined here so. Not much of an update on that.
Video of the Week! Click it! ;D (Second attempt!)
Blame it on the Pop

Posted Image
Why yes... I did give in to this here thing above. =O

Hug?

#4 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Nazē. {lang:icon}

• OGFEWSWCSWOCSUUPOTOFTW
  • Icon

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:12 AM

Dude. smmfh
Video of the Week! Click it! ;D (Second attempt!)
Blame it on the Pop

Posted Image
Why yes... I did give in to this here thing above. =O

Hug?

#5 {lang:macro__useroffline}   tarurelm {lang:icon}

• Legend of SeeD
  • Icon

Posted 15 May 2011 - 01:45 PM

Hey everyone! I wasn't very active on the forums back then(obviously!). So it looks like i wasnt very active. Truth be told, i was very active in SeeD in Runescape.
So here's my update:
Graduated highschool almost 6 years ago! (WOW) bout to turn 24 this summer, in Iraq...again. I turned 21 when i was in Iraq too! So obviously i am in the military! I love my job, i just hate bein away from my wife and kids so much. With that said, I still find some time to get up on Runescape here and there. I has lost some of it's appeal, especially with all of my friends quitting and taking prolonged breaks. but i still have some fun!!! So there it is!! hopefully we can get SeeD up and running again!
my sig wont go in here for some danm reason!!!

#6 {lang:macro__useroffline}   MA-53 {lang:icon}

• For Sproogle
  • Icon
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:34 PM

{lang:macro__view_post}Red Sentinel, on 14 May 2011 - 10:07 PM, said:

I'm now living in Sydney, Australia, doing a bachelor of science in nanotechnology, since my space technology degree in Norway is finished.

Nanotechnology? They offer bachelor's degrees in that? Impressive.

{lang:macro__view_post}Nazē., on 15 May 2011 - 02:04 AM, said:

You guys. Not just you two personally but a bunch of people on here. I want to be friends with all of you. :( I feel like so many of us would get along.

Are we not friends now? </3

working full time and attending college full time

Yeah I know how that goes. It can be exhausting, but at least you're never bored!

Glad to hear you guys are doing alright.

#7 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Master Of Stuff {lang:icon}

• Despair with a side of butter
  • Icon
  • Group: Community Admin

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:45 AM

Since this thread is here, why not? Adding moar, because moar.

Got the email from C-Diddy. After a few tries got this account working again.

Turning... older. I graduated recently with a bachelors and the company that i've been working with for the past 6 years as an intern offered me a full time position the week after graduating. Now i'm currently traveling, going to different places working on our software. It'll be like this until the project stops in which time i'll probably up and move somewhere. Anything is open pretty much as long as I can find a job there. So careerwise i'm doing good.

I still play runescape. After a long solo run I got into another clan. They weakened and broke up after majority of the leaders/members switched to WoW. Now i'm running solo again. Playing more computer and console games when I have time.

Umm, yeah, good seeing everyone again
Posted Image

#8 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Charlie {lang:icon}

• *lick*
  • Icon

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:40 PM

:shifty:

(It's tomato sauce, silly.)

Erm, yeh, I'm 19 now (dontwannaturn20plz). Finished high school/6th form July last year. Went to University, hated it, left, probably gonna go back to a different one (this year if possible). Had a bit of a crappy time lately to be honest. But meh, life goes on.

I don't play Runescape anymore, quit as soon as I got 99 fletching ehehe. I play online on Steam sometimes and I have a PS3, but have exactly....0 online games to play for it eheh.

So.. :suave:

#9 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Red Sentinel {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 21 May 2011 - 02:56 AM

{lang:macro__view_post}Mase, on 17 May 2011 - 05:34 PM, said:

{lang:macro__view_post}Red Sentinel, on 14 May 2011 - 10:07 PM, said:

Nanotechnology? They offer bachelor's degrees in that? Impressive.

Are we not friends now? </3

working full time and attending college full time

Yeah I know how that goes. It can be exhausting, but at least you're never bored!

Glad to hear you guys are doing alright.

Yes, the bachelor was started in mid 2000's I believe, and it's one of the first bachelors in nanotechnology. It's actually not too bad. :)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users