CurvedSpace Forums: This is the end, my friends. - CurvedSpace Forums

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

This is the end, my friends.

#16 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Xemem {lang:icon}

• Runescape old timer...Been on rs, since rs has been.
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:33 PM

I feel that the downward trend started with the scope of what Clan SeeD was being stretched too thin in the following ways:

1) There was an attitude (and policy) that developed of being able to be in this Clan, while also being in any other clan one liked (that was mutually accepting of this idea). While this was an open approach that was appreciated. It made for lack of true patronage. Multi-clanning/guilding historically in games doesn't work well a lot more often than it does.

2) Over time we stepped away from in-game activity. There were plenty of people still willing to scheduled here and meet up with each other in-game. But going neutral in respects to in-game politics hurt the drive to do so.

3) SeeD branched out into becoming a multi-game-faction organization. While this may have looked good on paper. In practice it meant that any one who wanted a faction of seed in their game of choice which wasn't Runescape. Could start that up. regardless of weather or not there was a true demand for it. So we ended up stretching ourselves too thinly.

I feel that ultimately it was idealism about what we could be. But, no solid plan to really act effectively on it, that lead to the decline in attendance here. I don't think that it was just people growing apart. I think it's how we ended up structuring ourselves that facilitated disassociation. I also feel like this could be just as active (or even more-so then it was) if it went back to it's roots. And, in my mind that would entail:

1) Zapping most of these gardens, archives, and stuff that is all over the place and has no real focus.

2) Generally restructuring the forums to get back to Runescape. There could be a marketplace, Guide, quest help, mini-game and slayer co-op partnering/team building, and drop log board aside from a general discussion.

3) Form Seed in-game again (if it isn't already and revitalize it if it is).

And, all this is not as much work as it may at first sound. Runescape now gives full support to fan sites and clans. They have fan site dev kits, a large library of official information and images to source. Full in game clan support, including clan wars, clan citadels, shared resources and xp gain, clan events, chat channel etc. Of course this all takes a willingness to stop saying "It can't be helped...too bad" and start saying "It can be helped, lets do it."

And, if any thingamuwhats needs help getting back into the game. And, getting acclimated to the new environment...

Posted Image

After 14 years...I am still going strong!
Posted Image

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#17 {lang:macro__useroffline}   I Kill Noobz {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: New Member

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:37 PM

He'll be back. They always come back. Look at me.

Some may not remember their Board name, or even have the email linked to their account. I couldn't recover any of them. I have no idea what the registration code is either, it almost prevents you from joining.

#18 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Phieta {lang:icon}

• Not impressed, darling.
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:13 AM

{lang:macro__view_post}Xemem, on 26 August 2014 - 12:33 PM, said:

(snip)

I for one was always in favor of SeeD allowing multi-clanning. You're right that it didn't encourage commitment (remember when we were the "largest" RS clan, if you included the thousands of "members" who never did anything with us?), but it worked for the mostly-PvE "everything" clan we were. Sure, people could "join" and never participate. But is that really a problem? Those who wanted to *actually* be a part of the community did so. And those who wanted to form/join a sub-group committed to something specific (whether just playing together for questing, or working together to corner the coal market, or attempting to conquer the Wilderness) did so as well. We were always more of a community, a (mostly) open group of friends, than a "real" clan anyway.

But I agree with you 100% on almost everything else. First we spread ourselves too thin, then we desperately tried to cling to the nostalgia/ideals of our "Golden Era" while ignoring change (that is, that those of us who'd been around for awhile were mostly moving away from RuneScape and into adulthood, and that for SeeD/CurvedSpace to survive, we'd need to allow and *encourage* new blood), then we faded away.

The forums (and what's left of the site) definitely need a trim to suit the tiny membership we'd be restarting with. (Re)introduce content as demand warrants.

I myself am not interested in returning to RuneScape (definitely don't want to pay for membership with how little I'd be playing, and unless things have changed, my bank is overflowing with members' crap) but it could be fun again with friends --- I stopped playing mainly because all my friends (y'all included) moved on to GW/WoW/EQ2 and, solo, I wasn't enjoying the grind. But it'd put a smile on my face seeing SeeD rise from the grave to spread insanity across Gielinor and emerge victorious against the trees...

I'll gladly hang around the forums here and give what support I can to the community. I'm also willing to support [DoA] in GW, but again, I have very little time to play.

{lang:macro__view_post}I Kill Noobz, on 05 September 2014 - 06:37 AM, said:

I have no idea what the registration code is either, it almost prevents you from joining.

I'll PM it to you. It keeps the spambots out, at least.
Those who will remember, will speak fondly of the warm morning breeze.

#19 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Xemem {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:57 PM

@Phieta

Runescape now has Bonds. A way for players to earn their membership in-game. A Bond, when redeemed adds 14 days membership to an account (alternatively it can be used to add Runecoins or Treasure Hunter Tickets). They can be purchased directly from Jagex. Once purchased (but before actually redeeming it) they can be traded to other players. Either as a gift or for profit (or donated to charity if you drop it in the well of good tidings). They can only be traded once after initial purchase, and there is a gp sink in place on them. Bonds put a dagger in the back of RWT and at the same time allow players to earn their membership in game. Currently I believe they are about 5-6 mil.

There was a debate about whether or not they were fair to add to the game at first. But, Jagex and players made several good points:

1) They make a safe way for players to spend in-game money to get things like membership (instead of sites that will either rip a player off or steal their account).
2) They let players who otherwise wouldn't have members be able to achieve it.
3) Even though someone can benefit in-game from selling a Bond. That benefit is negligible. Bonds cost as much as normal membership (for half the time added). So no one is making 100 million of them, lol. And what money they do make. Say if they spent it on skilling. They would still have to do the actual work of skilling to earn their levels.
4) Bonds have served their purpose well. RWT and botting in general is way down (90%+). And, the built in gp sink on them has helped reduce inflation. So their effectiveness is proven.

Now...If you want to give it a try again and don't have the money for a bond. I will pass you one. That will give you 14 days to see if your good with the way Runescape is now (A lot has changed and some can't hang, even though there is Legacy Mode and OSRS). If you decide to stick around, Cool. If not, maybe pass me some of those mem items so I am not just burning money on someone who won't be playing :P/>/> (if you won't be playing you won't be using them any ways, lol).
Posted Image

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#20 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Bodom {lang:icon}

• Echliurn
  • Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:43 PM

Every month i think of going back to runescape to finish maxing, then i just remember i prefer clan forums and working with Jagex.

Seed was a fun time, its best to just leave it as that memory, noone that helped it flourish is around with any interest for a runescape standpoint.

#21 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Xemem {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:56 AM

{lang:macro__view_post}Bodom, on 16 September 2014 - 09:43 PM, said:

Every month i think of going back to runescape to finish maxing, then i just remember i prefer clan forums and working with Jagex.

Seed was a fun time, its best to just leave it as that memory, noone that helped it flourish is around with any interest for a runescape standpoint.

Finishing maxing out is a longer road now. Even though only dung goes to a stated level 120. All, the other skills now have additional effective 120 skill capes. I feel like this is wetting their toes in the water for actually raising all the caps to 120. Also, the elf city is almost done now thanks to the Power to the Players Polls helping to focus the Runescape Teams efforts. It will have very high level content. And, Player owned ports is getting even more high level content (if what is suggested by the poll on it can fairly be extrapolated on...I am thinking eastern lands dungeoneering). And, there are some boss remakes. Some new quests with combat scaling. And, death himself now gives tasks (and from what I have seen so far, he tends to give the player tasks they can barely do). I am thinking that by this time next year. We may see a truly strengthened end game.

And hey...I came back (Although I was never a crucial component here). Phieta checked in. And, you did. A let the past die attitude doesn't feel right to me. Even if it's populated by mostly new members. And, even if there are only a few old members doing administrative stuff and checking in on it. It can thrive again. I mean even if you don't want it for yourself. There are a lot of people out there who would join a clan headed by 10 years (as we have come to be called given the vet capes we have...regardless of weather we are closer to 15 or not, lol). And, who could benefit from that amount of experience. And, there is a ton of new stuff for old high levels to do. And, a lot more coming. They even worked really hard on legacy mode to bring back old players and to fix Pk'ing.

Just give it a shot. If you got about 5-6mil sitting around you can buy a bond in-game, redeem it for membership credit (14 days) and see what you think. Just have a look. And, Add me "Hal-Cal", Join my Friends chat channel, Will use the new LFG/grouping system and go do some stuff.
Posted Image

#22 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Bodom {lang:icon}

• Echliurn
  • Icon

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:14 PM

Maxing is incredibly faster and easier now, i mean traditional maxing too, i dont really care for the 120m capes, though i think i've been on 110mish attack since about 2007..

Like i said, i still use clan forums, i know about the updates and i follow them, i'm personal friends with quite a few of the Jagex employees (and looking at applying myself if things go right), i just dont actively play, i was playing RS3 up until "old school", but i have no interest anymore, i hit around 100 combat pretty quick on the servers, rejoined DI and then the monotony of clan wars and the obvious realisation of i'm just wasting my time again i've done it before hit. I still have a desire to max my skills on RS3 but it isnt something i see happening, i bought myself all the buyable skills and couldnt be bothered, it was more fun trying to hit a 20b bank.

The playerbase hhas changed, forums arent used much by players anymore, not sure why, its all ingame and reddit, its noticeable over at DI, RoT, DF or whoever's left (of the clans i was a part of) where the newer players just arent active out of the game, theres no interest for some reason. So you probably wont spark a lively community on forums, but its by no means a dead hope within the game, you could probably get a pretty active ingame SeeD going with newer players, just as sad as it is, i doubt you'll get the older alot involved really. I'm all for the optimism though and not really trying to piss on the parade, just having been around the game since 2001 consistently and following the communitys as they transition, its something i've grown to come to terms with.

TLDR: I aint saying it cant work or shouldnt be tried, i'm just saying you'd have better luck starting a clan ingame called SeeD and see if you can maybe get some interest to try check the forums, but i wouldnt dwell time on trying to revitalise here, todays playerbase just isnt like ours was.

You've got the right attitude anyway.

#23 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Xemem {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:41 AM

Well...Do you play other MMORPG? I mean is it just Runescape or are you spent on them in general? I've been playing since 01' myself (although I recall there was a runescape in november of 2000 and then it disapeared for like 2-3 months and came back, and shortly after it did they pout in level restrictions, took out the rudimentary class system (which really only determined your starting items and predisposition to exp gain, and got rid of the pk-non pk thing by installing the wilderness). I saw a lot of friends cap out and 'retire'. And, I said at one point...nope. not me. I play to have fun. I play at a slugs pace and spend most of my time helping newbs or chatting. But when I do something I make sure it's something I am enjoying. And I shift gears if it gets not fun. The only time I burnt out for a few months was during that whole restricted trade stuff (which there sort of still is for new players who have not paid in yet, but it's harder to notice with bonds).

Point being, You took it a certain way. Maybe not all the old dogs here did. I didn't. And, I know of some people out there (none that were in this clan but other friends) that simply quit because they didn't like the changes. unfortunately my only way of getting a hold of them was either through the game or now defunct skype names and emails. But, I am certain if they could see things like legacy mode and power to the players they would return or at least give it another shot.

I don't know about people here. But, it seems a little tragic to me for such an old and once large clan to go the way of dwarf star. Maybe at the very least we could arrange (from who is left) an in-game reunion thing. And, as for possibly starting a new SeeD clan in game. Why even call it SeeD if it doesn't have any of the big crucial contribution members from here as part of it? That would be a legacy name without the legacy part.
Posted Image

#24 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Bodom {lang:icon}

• Echliurn
  • Icon

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:02 PM

{lang:macro__view_post}Xemem, on 18 September 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:

Well...Do you play other MMORPG? I mean is it just Runescape or are you spent on them in general? I've been playing since 01' myself (although I recall there was a runescape in november of 2000 and then it disapeared for like 2-3 months and came back, and shortly after it did they pout in level restrictions, took out the rudimentary class system (which really only determined your starting items and predisposition to exp gain, and got rid of the pk-non pk thing by installing the wilderness). I saw a lot of friends cap out and 'retire'. And, I said at one point...nope. not me. I play to have fun. I play at a slugs pace and spend most of my time helping newbs or chatting. But when I do something I make sure it's something I am enjoying. And I shift gears if it gets not fun. The only time I burnt out for a few months was during that whole restricted trade stuff (which there sort of still is for new players who have not paid in yet, but it's harder to notice with bonds).

Point being, You took it a certain way. Maybe not all the old dogs here did. I didn't. And, I know of some people out there (none that were in this clan but other friends) that simply quit because they didn't like the changes. unfortunately my only way of getting a hold of them was either through the game or now defunct skype names and emails. But, I am certain if they could see things like legacy mode and power to the players they would return or at least give it another shot.

I don't know about people here. But, it seems a little tragic to me for such an old and once large clan to go the way of dwarf star. Maybe at the very least we could arrange (from who is left) an in-game reunion thing. And, as for possibly starting a new SeeD clan in game. Why even call it SeeD if it doesn't have any of the big crucial contribution members from here as part of it? That would be a legacy name without the legacy part.

Ive played every major MMO bar the original Everquest, started RS 2002 and played with no real gaps up until 2007 servers where released and called it a day, i had periods of "quitting" but i always remained on DI forums and other outlets, so i was never really away from the game.

I was incredibly active within seed throughout most of its ingame booms, i remember all the drama and i remember when it was an active clan even pking before me, killerconvic, sajones, crownguitar etc jumped over to the "real clans" and such with DI DS, the fanatical UFF drama (Who i also found the other day on facebook, turns out he really is a fanatical cult like male, who knew? I genuinely thought Dokimos was a legendary troll) so yeah i do share your feelings towards missing the clan.

Just, back then when the forums where active, a lot werent ingame and thats somethingt hat was always criticised, everyone who did play ingame was either a part of UFF or in a properly established clan built around performing ingame. Its just with how inactive it was then, realistically thinking about it i cant see those people getting active eight years on, it'd be great, dont get me wrong, but other than that, meh. i understand the changes ingame causing a lot to quit, i was active as hell in the clan scene around all the wilderness changes, i was a relatively well known staker too who had to endure the crap of going from staking Bils to finding something else to do but a lot of the people who quit from seed, werent due to those changes, the active ones anyway. You should try facebooking some older members, i got hold of a lot on there. I do think SeeD could get something going again, i ust dont think itd be forum based unless somehow those who stopped playing did find a new leash of enjoyment and you found some newer members who would actually use the forums. My name back then was probably Echliurn or Dave or something if you remember me lol.

Personally i always got to think of seed as a great community hub, maybe it could succeed in that, but it'd take a lot of work if you want to do it out of game also.

Also as you're still actively playing, why not try some other clans in the meantime? I dont really know many RSB clans these days (The officail forum clans that are pretty much friend/clan chat based) but theres still a few good RSC clans going? DI, rot, Df etc.

If it sounds like im against you, im not, im all for the idea, it'd just be damn hard getting an interest back in the game for some people.

#25 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Xemem {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:41 AM

Well, I have been in a few clans since SeeD. I am not currently in a clan right now. The last one I was in was a very active clan. I left it about 6 months ago. I had taken a little break from rs because rl got really busy. And, when I came back...I knew almost no one there. And, the people that seemed to be running the show had let standards slip. It was far less active and filled with kids who couldn't go one line of chat without using 3 profanities to save their life. The citadel was wrecked. It was just all bad and I was bumping heads with the new management too much. Wasn't the environment I helped build any more. And, wasn't a group of people who were wanting any sort of change. I haven't been exactly avoiding clanning since. Just more personal game focused. And, helping a lot more newbs and returning players get acclimated then clan life allowed for.

Also, Yes. I do remember you. Maybe not entirely correctly. But at one point weren't you a co-moderator of PK discussion?

And, I don't play OSRS. I play the current game. Skill bar and all, lol. Maybe it's just me being a sucker for the cosmetic items.
Posted Image

#26 {lang:macro__useroffline}   MA-53 {lang:icon}

• For Sproogle
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}

Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:01 PM

I sign in every now and then just to check things out. It's amazing to see how much the game has changed.

I occasionally get the urge to mess around with it a bit, but it's tough for any game to compete with WoW for me.

Golly, I miss everybody here.

#27 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Xemem {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:40 PM

I could never get into WoW. I've tried a few times over the years. 2 of those times it took me less then 20 minutes to break out of the map (that's one of my favorite things to do in a new-to-me MMORPG, where possible). And, then I was just bored. I had a friend that still plays WoW but recently started playing runescape again. He left RS two years ago because of the changes. Then went to a game where it was the way he feared it would become. Then came back when it was more like that then ever and still complains, lmao. I think that's runescapes thing though. It never stops changing. A lot of games simply get made. Full release being already everything they intend to be. And, maybe they get a new feature once in a long while, or casp raise, or an expansion. but they don't change fundamentally.

Whereas runescape has had minor to major updates on weekly basis. Been free trade, then restricted trade, the free trade again (mostly). Changed out the game engine and the graphics a few times, revamped music, introduced a lot of voice acting, tried to go places it wasn't ready for by an attempt to switch to an entirely different coding language. lol...it even has an alternate time line. It's like the idea evolution personified. try something, if it doesn't work trash it. try something else...oh that works? keep it.

There are plenty of returning players who complain that the game isn't what it used to be (not calling you one of them). But, the thing they don't get is it is how it has always been. constantly changing. This has never been the same game year to year. And, it never will be. That's what keeps me playing.
Posted Image

#28 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Phieta {lang:icon}

• Not impressed, darling.
  • Icon

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:04 AM

{lang:macro__view_post}Xemem, on 15 September 2014 - 12:57 PM, said:

Runescape now has Bonds. A way for players to earn their membership in-game. A Bond, when redeemed adds 14 days membership to an account (alternatively it can be used to add Runecoins or Treasure Hunter Tickets). They can be purchased directly from Jagex. Once purchased (but before actually redeeming it) they can be traded to other players. Either as a gift or for profit (or donated to charity if you drop it in the well of good tidings). They can only be traded once after initial purchase, and there is a gp sink in place on them. Bonds put a dagger in the back of RWT and at the same time allow players to earn their membership in game. Currently I believe they are about 5-6 mil.

There was a debate about whether or not they were fair to add to the game at first. But, Jagex and players made several good points:

1) They make a safe way for players to spend in-game money to get things like membership (instead of sites that will either rip a player off or steal their account).
2) They let players who otherwise wouldn't have members be able to achieve it.
3) Even though someone can benefit in-game from selling a Bond. That benefit is negligible. Bonds cost as much as normal membership (for half the time added). So no one is making 100 million of them, lol. And what money they do make. Say if they spent it on skilling. They would still have to do the actual work of skilling to earn their levels.
4) Bonds have served their purpose well. RWT and botting in general is way down (90%+). And, the built in gp sink on them has helped reduce inflation. So their effectiveness is proven.

Bonds actually sound like a decent option, given what I remember of the RS economy --- it needed a gold sink something awful. That was half a decade ago though. I imagine it got even worse before it got better? Glad to hear it's cut botting/RWT too. Pity it's probably done nothing for the community. (What's the community like these days, anyway? Is it mostly a bunch of annoying kids like we were? Imagine that age group is more into Minecraft, but I really have no idea. Any difference in atmosphere between F2P/P2P servers? Are there a lot of clans that cater to more mature players? How do they do? What about casual players?)

{lang:macro__view_post}Xemem, on 15 September 2014 - 12:57 PM, said:

Now...If you want to give it a try again and don't have the money for a bond. I will pass you one. That will give you 14 days to see if your good with the way Runescape is now (A lot has changed and some can't hang, even though there is Legacy Mode and OSRS). If you decide to stick around, Cool. If not, maybe pass me some of those mem items so I am not just burning money on someone who won't be playing Posted Image/>/> (if you won't be playing you won't be using them any ways, lol).

Can't say I'm going to take you up on your offer though, but thanks. I really wouldn't get any use out of it --- I simply don't have the time. (I've averaged an hour a week so far in Pokémon αS, and Minecraft is just a lost cause at this point.) Maybe in a couple more years (I'm sure you'll still find me here). As for the member items, it may be crap, but it's my crap! (I don't remember much of what I had, but I think most of it really was crap --- quest items, and food/booze for parties, and such. Probably some unIDed herbs and things. I think I had a dragon axe I was fond of, or was it a sword?)

{lang:macro__view_post}Xemem, on 17 September 2014 - 12:56 AM, said:

And hey...I came back (Although I was never a crucial component here). Phieta checked in. And, you did. A let the past die attitude doesn't feel right to me. Even if it's populated by mostly new members. And, even if there are only a few old members doing administrative stuff and checking in on it. It can thrive again. I mean even if you don't want it for yourself. There are a lot of people out there who would join a clan headed by 10 years (as we have come to be called given the vet capes we have...regardless of weather we are closer to 15 or not, lol). And, who could benefit from that amount of experience.

As I've said in the past (probably in PMs more than posts?), "let the past die" has to happen to some extent if we're to have any growth. In practice that probably means starting from scratch. With the same seed (pun fully intended) and goals, yes, but without pretending we're bringing back the old SeeD. We can lay the foundation, yeah --- and guess what happens if/when it works? It won't bring back many of our old friends. It will bring in rather a lot of new blood. Folks who have their own goals and ideas of what their everything clan should be. And if we try to say "no, this is how it's supposed to go, it's our clan after all," we lose them, and with them, any hope of a revived SeeD.

Letting go is the only choice. Our history can inspire our future, yes, but if we insist on letting it define us (as we tried during our decline after the "Golden Age") it will kill us.

Pssh, 10 year cape? {expletive Chuck Norris'd by Cspace} I have bunny ears!

Oh, hello filter, I remember you. HEY GUYS DO YOU REMEMBER CHUCK NORRIS JOKES I DO

{lang:macro__view_post}Bodom, on 17 September 2014 - 08:14 AM, said:

The playerbase hhas changed, forums arent used much by players anymore, not sure why, its all ingame and reddit, its noticeable over at DI, RoT, DF or whoever's left (of the clans i was a part of) where the newer players just arent active out of the game, theres no interest for some reason. So you probably wont spark a lively community on forums, but its by no means a dead hope within the game, you could probably get a pretty active ingame SeeD going with newer players, just as sad as it is, i doubt you'll get the older alot involved really. I'm all for the optimism though and not really trying to piss on the parade, just having been around the game since 2001 consistently and following the communitys as they transition, its something i've grown to come to terms with.

You're right about the forums; they only seem to survive anymore with small, dedicated communities --- anyone more casual just doesn't seem to bother with standalone sites like ours; sadly, it's all about "social networks" now (I guess Reddit counts as one?). A step in the right direction would be to create a subreddit or Facebook group or something, but then you're still just a small stream feeding into a whole river of competing content, and you'll still have a lot of nonparticipation (if a member isn't going to come here and create a forum account, they're certainly not going to join Facebook or Reddit just for us if they don't already use those sites).

{lang:macro__view_post}Bodom, on 17 September 2014 - 08:14 AM, said:

TLDR: I aint saying it cant work or shouldnt be tried, i'm just saying you'd have better luck starting a clan ingame called SeeD and see if you can maybe get some interest to try check the forums, but i wouldnt dwell time on trying to revitalise here, todays playerbase just isnt like ours was.

This.

{lang:macro__view_post}Xemem, on 18 September 2014 - 03:41 AM, said:

I'm in for a reunion. Probably need a couple weeks' notice to guarantee I'll be there, but I'd like that.

Hell, if we could arrange a regular (once or twice monthly) thing, I'd be interested. Be more interested in a regular arrangement in GW, but with fun people, I could easily get into RS again.

{lang:macro__view_post}Bodom, on 18 September 2014 - 08:02 AM, said:

Personally i always got to think of seed as a great community hub, maybe it could succeed in that, but it'd take a lot of work if you want to do it out of game also.

And you hit the nail on the head again. SeeD was much more out-of-game community than in-game clan, and that was fantastic, but as you said, "todays playerbase just isnt like ours was." It worked then. I don't think it would work so well now --- not with, again, the dominance of social networks. We'd need in-game activity to connect our out-of-game community --- if that's even sustainable these days. I'm not sure it is. More likely the majority of interaction would be in clan/group chat (which isn't a bad thing, mind), with a couple quiet forums for news and that sort of thing.

{lang:macro__view_post}MA-53, on 30 September 2014 - 04:01 AM, said:

Golly, I miss everybody here.

Miss you too Mase. <3

{lang:macro__view_post}Xemem, on 30 September 2014 - 07:40 AM, said:

Whereas runescape has had minor to major updates on weekly basis. Been free trade, then restricted trade, the free trade again (mostly). Changed out the game engine and the graphics a few times, revamped music, introduced a lot of voice acting, tried to go places it wasn't ready for by an attempt to switch to an entirely different coding language. lol...it even has an alternate time line. It's like the idea evolution personified. try something, if it doesn't work trash it. try something else...oh that works? keep it.

There are plenty of returning players who complain that the game isn't what it used to be (not calling you one of them). But, the thing they don't get is it is how it has always been. constantly changing. This has never been the same game year to year. And, it never will be. That's what keeps me playing.

Sleep, RS2, random events... (remember that one with the vines where, unlike most of the other random events, you had to stand still instead of running away? That caused some trouble...)

Voice acting, huh? And an alternate timeline? That sounds interesting. Might have to find time to check it out someday.
Those who will remember, will speak fondly of the warm morning breeze.

#29 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Darkness {lang:icon}

• CHILDREN!
  • Icon

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:28 AM

Jesus, I can't believe this topic is already over a year old. Time flies.

“In the valley of hope, there is no winter.”

#30 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Res {lang:icon}

• Ol' Crazy Res
  • Icon

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:33 AM

Man those sure are some words. I'll read them sooner or later.
Presence being made known, I guess. Hi.
Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.
Such a heavy burden now to be "The One".
Born to bear and read to all the details of our ending
To write it down for all the world to see.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users