Study Group Requests How to request a study group

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Administrator

Posted 07 October 2003 - 09:17 PM

If you would like a study group, request it in this thread with all required information (depends on the subject, just be sure to be specific). We may or may not accept your study group, for there are a number of things we look for in topics. The following are some of them:

- Don't be too specific. For example, a subject about endangered birds may be accepted, but a subject specific to the kiwi (I don't know if they're endangered or not, hehe) will probably not be accepted.

- Don't make your subject too academic. It can be academic, though we don't wish to turn the forum into a "school at home". If it is, be sure that it is of common interest (don't expect to see any "Calculus Studies" or anything like that as a group, hehe).

- Groups studying subjects which aren't real are fine! Feel free to request groups about fantasy, science fiction, and anything else considered entertaining. For example, there is no such thing as Elvish, though it is an existent topic (if you are reading this after it closed, there was an Elvish forum).

- Subjects which seem to be of interest to others are more likely to be accepted.

With that in mind, feel free to request groups for any subject! Just reply to this thread with your request.

Note: Once a study group's objectives have obviously been met (if it is no longer active), the topics will be archived and the forum will be deleted.
Posted Image

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   X Zolon {lang:icon}

• Come on in heeeeeere....
  • Icon
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 08 October 2003 - 04:29 AM

Hmm... I'd like to either start a study group on parts of a language,w here we analyze languages, but I, Myself am not all to good, But I can speak french a little (I'm good at pronounciation) or something about time. And then there is drama...

Also, how about some theoretical discussion forums, for Ghosts, Aliens, and other things? I for one, believe ghosts and aliens exist, and would like to discuss.

Another one is how to create a story: Basically like my Zolon X Force thing, how to start off with a name, and build it into something as big as a universe. From one name to a story to such, and we cna discuss about this stuff grnwink.gif

(oh yeah, and some psychology stuff)

I know I'm insane, I just like to learn, and be intelligent. Heck, if we could study Nanotechnology I'd fall over dead.

Okay, got some more.

Mythology, evolution, war. Good topics!

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Administrator

Posted 08 October 2003 - 06:42 PM

Also, how about some theoretical discussion forums, for Ghosts, Aliens, and other things? I for one, believe ghosts and aliens exist, and would like to discuss.

I think that would be great, I'll add this in a sec. thumb.gif

evolution

This is one that I think would be great as well, though I'm afraid that members may start arguing about religion, which is a bad thing for a discussion board like this. Could be added later, but let's see how the other topics go first. grnwink.gif

P.S. Your other ideas are great too, may add some later. Don't want too many going at the same time though.
Posted Image

#4 {lang:macro__useroffline}   CongressJon {lang:icon}

• Alias Hyperfried
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 08 October 2003 - 08:02 PM

I like the idea of evolution discussion. Taking into consideration how much has happened in the last, say, three million years, just think what humans would be like in another three million... Interesting thought grnwink.gif

Then, I like the idea of a concept thread: A thread totally devoted to looking at interesting things, such as the brain, and even if you don't really understand it, forming concepts, thoughts, and just commenting.
Senior Member / Intellectual Crusader

#5 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Baseballl {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 08 October 2003 - 10:02 PM

If anyone is interested I could talk to them about criminology, the use of drugs and alcohol, etc...

It would help to inform people of those bad things and keep them out of bad situations. Just an idea... It might not fit the criteria for this forum though... bluetongue.gif
Alex

#6 {lang:macro__useroffline}   CongressJon {lang:icon}

• Alias Hyperfried
  • Icon

Posted 08 October 2003 - 11:54 PM

That kind of fits the criteria of D.A.R.E., which every kid goes through bluetongue.gif

Still, we could do that.

As a big thing for all of these things, we could have a Life Issues sub. grnwink.gif

#7 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Miotu {lang:icon}

• Supreme Magate
  • Icon
  • Group: New Member

Posted 08 October 2003 - 11:58 PM

If anyone is interested in Psychology, Biology, Sociology, or Anthropology, I am very versed in all of these topics (especially Biology!.)

Also, I have another SUPER interesting thing to talk about. It is related to the book The Da Vinci Code which I must say is one of the BEST books I have ever read. Basically it involves huge conspiracies in the church over the years, the secrecy of the Priory of Sion, The Illuminati, and the Templar Knights. Also, related to all of these things are the search for the Holy Grail, the secret behind some of Da Vinci's works, etc etc. etc. etc! This stuff concerning conspiracies and ancient codes is so interesting that it most definately needs its own thread!

This post has been edited by Miotu: 08 October 2003 - 11:59 PM

<center>
<TABLE>
<TR>
<td style="filter:dropshadow(color=black, strength=1)"><marquee style="color: FFFFFFF" scrollamount=1 width=351 height=80 direction=up><center>
Join the Revolution. Let your voice be heard. Join the Lecto Populi.
<font color=#606060>Simply click here</font> for more information

Alia Jacta Est</td></tr></table></marquee></center>

<center>user posted image</center>
</center>

#8 {lang:macro__useroffline}   ©allum {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 09 October 2003 - 03:47 AM

Hehe, how about hoaxes and (possible)government coverups. It would be quite interesting we could discuss things like roswell (coverups) and alien autopsy (hoaxes)
Posted Image

#9 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Baseballl {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 10 October 2003 - 10:06 PM

Well, I know all of the facts about Area 51 and Roswell bluetongue.gif
Alex

#10 {lang:macro__useroffline}   CongressJon {lang:icon}

• Alias Hyperfried
  • Icon

Posted 10 October 2003 - 10:06 PM

Hmmm... there's a good topic bluetongue.gif

#11 {lang:macro__useroffline}   ©allum {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 11 October 2003 - 01:02 AM

how can you know the facts about Area 51 and roswell? I thought that was top secret army stuff.
Posted Image

#12 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Baseballl {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 11 October 2003 - 01:09 AM

It's not all army bluetongue.gif
Alex

#13 {lang:macro__useroffline}   ©allum {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 11 October 2003 - 01:16 AM