Festival Of Epsilon

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Neraphym {lang:icon}

• Do not want!
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 05 March 2004 - 12:48 AM

Alpha's Guantlet

Story: Nearly 300 years ago, a hero name Epsilon fought in a great battle across Runescape. A large Demon army headed by the Omega, the ultimate demon, had invaded Runescape from his lair deep in the wilderness. The citizens of runescape banded together, but failed to defeat the great demon army. The survivors watched in horror as their cities burnt to the ground. A few managed to escape to karamja, the last stronghold of men. Among these few was Epsilon.

A few weeks passed, and morale was low. All seemed to be lost. Epsilon, with nothing but a handful of money and tools, fashioned a great suit of steel and enchanted it with a magical aura that weakened demons. He also forged a silverlight, and his anti-demon armor was complete. He made a boat and left karamja for the mainland. He landed on the shore near what is now draynor village. He was soon enganged by hundreds of demons, but managed to fight them off with the silverlight. He slipped pass the demons in edgeville and fled into the wilderness.

He arrived in the wilderness and found Omega's lair. He went down into the lair and searched for this Omega. In this lair were many dragonstone crystals, large and beautiful. He noticed that there was a keyhole in one of them. Alas, he had no key and continued on passes the crystal doorway. At long last he confronted Omega. They went head to head in a battle of which the heavens trembled. After what seemed to be an eternity of fighting, Omega lay in a pile of ashes with a small blue flame sprouting from the center. Epsilon knew that Omega would one day return, so he sealed the lair and the entrance is said to lay where the Chaos Temple is now. The citizens of Runescape rejoiced, and 2 statues were erected in his honor. They were placed at the entrance of the chaos temple so if Omega were to ever return, Epsilon would always be there to save Runescape once again. Epsilon died without ever finding that key...

300 years have passed since the trials of Epsilon, and his legend is not forgotten. Every year, a festival is held in his honor. Before the festival begins, 8 warriors are selected to compete in the Alpha Guantlet, a competition said to select the next hero who would fight Omega should he ever return. These heros are subjected to many rigorous trials and difficult quests. These events change every year, and are always new. This year's festival is about to begin, and the 8 warriors are about to be selected. Sign up if you wish to compete, and good luck.

Warrior Prerequisits:
50+ Combat
40+ Fishing and Cooking
50+ Smithing
40+ Crafting
(F2P or P2P)

Festival of Epsilon
Time: 2:00 EST
Date: April 3rd
Place: TBA

Warriors:
1. sh1Zza
2. obiwan22
3. Killerconvic
4. Vietpryde / Star Jedi (Tag Team)
5. amazonqueen
6. cheetahx6
7. mase windu / Sprrogle (Tag Team)
8. beavis545

Tag teams are allowed, for more information, see a later post of mine...

Prizes:
Rune Battle Axe
Rune Kite Shield
Rune Large Helm
Rune Plate Mail Body
Rune Plate Mail Legs
Diamond Ammy of Power

Note: Forgot to put this, winner of each event chooses 2. I'd be rather poor otherwise. Don't worry, the drop will be good, too.

A New SeeD Medal (Pending Cspace's approval): Epsilon Medal

Trials Will be posted at a later date. The festival will be held after the trials. It will include a PKing trip, feast and a drop party. Maybe one of my patented 'angry mobs' if I'm feeling up to it.

W-Summon

This post has been edited by Alpha Weapon: 19 May 2004 - 01:01 AM

Neraphym Archaeon
Posted Image
GWAMM

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Dragonman {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • {lang:view_gallery}

Posted 05 March 2004 - 12:53 AM

Wow, this looks great! TheSmile.gif Very original, an event worthy for a SeeD Medal as part of the prize. grnwink.gif I can't compete (wouldn't anyways if I met the requirements bluetongue.gif), so I just be there to speculate. If you need any help with is you can ask me if you want. I'll do my best to see this.

P.S. I pinned this for you. grnwink.gif
Posted Image

"Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."
--K

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   vietpryde {lang:icon}

• Inactive
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 05 March 2004 - 01:00 AM

Hmm... make the trials a few weeks from now bluetongue.gif So I can get vietbreaker in this. He's only 21 combat sad.gif

EDIT: How about a prerequisite of being able to join the champs guild instead of 50+ combat... hehehe i can do that!

This post has been edited by vietpryde: 05 March 2004 - 01:04 AM

#4 {lang:macro__useroffline}   ChickenJane {lang:icon}

• hi
  • Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 05 March 2004 - 01:18 AM

Sounds like a great event! my stats are to low or i would enter, i will try to come and watch though biglaugh.gif
Find me in-game or online:
RuneScape: chickenjane
Switch: SW-4803-7380-1523
PS4: cadmium48
Steam: xcidneyx
twitter: @cidneyd

Updated: 25 October 2020

#5 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Goku {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Banned

Posted 05 March 2004 - 01:30 AM

hmm sounds fun may sign up TheSmile.gif depends on when
user posted image

#6 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Neraphym {lang:icon}

• Do not want!
  • Icon

Posted 05 March 2004 - 02:47 AM

Ok, I'll lighten the combat to 40+, but be warned. One of my trials will require high combat, so make sure if you are below 50, you can at least take a lesser out(hint). If you have 37+ pray or a very good pure, you can slide by under 40 if you want. (If you have multiple characters, you may interchange them for different trials.)

I can always change it from April 3 to 10, just in case someone can't make it. I also forgot to mention. The festival will include a feast, drop party, and a pking trip.

Any suggestions on what I should call the medal if I can make one?
Epsilon Medal?
Alpha Medal?
Omega Medal?
Guantlet Medal?

Also, should I send the mith to jagex's library of varrok or something?
Neraphym Archaeon
Posted Image
GWAMM

#7 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Killerconvic {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: New Member

Posted 05 March 2004 - 02:54 AM

Sign me up for this. Sounds fun.
Sam's gay

#8 {lang:macro__useroffline}   obiwan22 {lang:icon}

• Oota goota Solo?
  • Icon

Posted 05 March 2004 - 02:56 AM

I will sign up, I don't know if I will be able to make it though. Also, send the myth to Jagex, it sounds great!

Psst: Gauntlet Medal sounds cool.

#9 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Dragonman {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 05 March 2004 - 03:10 AM

I'd say Epsilon Medal would work well based on the uniqueness of this event and the annual Epsilon Festival. grnwink.gif
Posted Image

"Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."
--K

#10 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Danny Wells {lang:icon}

• ^Currently reading^
  • Icon

Post icon  Posted 05 March 2004 - 07:02 PM

I want to sign up, but i don't have high enough smithing and crafting sad.gif I really want to come watch though. Hey, i can provide cakes for the event! For free!

#11 {lang:macro__useroffline}   amazonqueen {lang:icon}

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 05 March 2004 - 07:11 PM

im in i have all the rquirements ty:D

#12 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Goku {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Banned

Posted 05 March 2004 - 07:17 PM

hmm tie between the alpha medal or the esplion medal... but u should send this in for sure great myth thumb.gif
user posted image

#13 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Neraphym {lang:icon}

• Do not want!
  • Icon

Posted 05 March 2004 - 08:08 PM

I've decided on Epsilon, rather that risk being narcisistic. I'd alos like to have a back-up just in case someone doesn't show. And DW, the cakes wuld be nice, good luck theiving them.
Neraphym Archaeon
Posted Image
GWAMM

#14 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Danny Wells {lang:icon}

• ^Currently reading^
  • Icon

Post icon  Posted 05 March 2004 - 08:47 PM

I'm not thieving them, i'm making them. But yeah sure, i can bring soem for both the participators and the watchers(is watchers right?)

#15 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Star Jedi {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Community Admin

Posted 05 March 2004 - 09:46 PM

I meet all the requirements, but if someone else wants to be the back-up, then I'd rather be a watcher TheSmile.gif

Edit : Epsilon sounds good!

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users