• You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

Proposed clan merger United Freedom Fighters Clan into SeeD

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   dokimos0rg {lang:icon}

• Visionary Founder of UFF
  • Icon
  • Group: New Member

Post icon  Posted 15 November 2005 - 05:34 PM

I would like to dialogue with baseballl and/or others at SeeD's Runescape Faction who discuss and represent inter-clan relations regarding the prospect of United Freedom Fighters Clan joining SeeD on SeeDs own present clan terms.

SeeD and UFF Clans both are freedom clans within Runescape.

UFF Clan is 3 months old and over 700 in confirmed membership. We can bring the strength of player recruitment for SeeD Clan.

UFF Clan's website is found at...
http://dokimos.org/runescape

In change of our clan's methods in joining SeeD, I would like to request to know from you what our UFF Clan may do in SeeD to retain our values and vision. We have much in common.

If there may be a remaining honor of our clan's name also, in ways you could propose, this would be appreciated.

Please let me know. My e-mail is online@dokimos.org

This post has been edited by dokimos0rg: 15 November 2005 - 05:38 PM

user posted imageuser posted image

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Bodom {lang:icon}

• Echliurn
  • Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 15 November 2005 - 06:46 PM

Ive heard of you guys somewhere.. one of them big clans that isnt known well ;\

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   dokimos0rg {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 15 November 2005 - 07:15 PM

We've not been well known because United Freedom Fighters Clan has only been in existance for 3 months.

UFF is large because of our phenomenal popularity and growth of numbers.

However, we lack proper infrastructure to support all our members. We are growing too fast for us to be able to well train and accomodate fast enough.

Does SeeD believe it has the infrastructure to handle large clan growth in numbers?

SeeD has been around for a while and also stands for player freedom as we do.

UFF Clan is emphatic about player freedom, which is the most important value we wish to preserve amongst us. Our values are mentioned on our website...

How does SeeD view the idea of UFF joining you?

Are our UFF values in common with SeeD's values
or do you view them as contrary to SeeD?

This post has been edited by dokimos0rg: 15 November 2005 - 07:16 PM

#4 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Baseballl {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 15 November 2005 - 07:28 PM

All I can say is that you need to speak with Cspace (I'm Baseballl, I just changed my name). I could see you guys joining and not calling it a clan merger, but it is all up to Cspace. I'm pretty sure he won't be for an actual merger though, but who knows.
Alex

#5 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Nate {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}

Posted 15 November 2005 - 07:30 PM

Yeah, Just joining SeeD would probably be easiest

#6 {lang:macro__useroffline}   dokimos0rg {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 15 November 2005 - 08:20 PM

We may be able to join but it would not exactly be simple for us. This is why we need to dialogue.

It is not our intent to bust and abandon our UFF Clan's vision and dreams to join SeeD.

Rather, we seek to find if we can indeed be one clan in purpose and vision.

#7 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Nate {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 15 November 2005 - 08:50 PM

Maybe we should just become allies?

#8 {lang:macro__useroffline}   dokimos0rg {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 15 November 2005 - 09:16 PM

I don't think you understood what I posted. We have a clan with infrastructure problems due to rapid growth. I don't see how an alliance solves anything for us.

#9 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Nate {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 15 November 2005 - 09:19 PM

..Then do a staff update.. bigger clans need more leaders..

#10 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Baseballl {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 15 November 2005 - 09:29 PM

I'm thinking you guys should just join our clan because I highly doubt any merger will take place, at all. You can join us as normal members, but a merger where you become a leader here wouldn't happen if you are planning to go that route. Just join this clan and possibly have a faction/forum of your own, but I don't think a merger will take place.

If you have Aim, contact me at Bballmastr1. Otherwise, send me a PM via these forums if you would like.
Alex

#11 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Nate {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 15 November 2005 - 09:33 PM

*Shrug* but if your really that desperate ill join and try to help with things, But.. i dont play RS..anymore.

#12 {lang:macro__useroffline}   dokimos0rg {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 15 November 2005 - 09:55 PM

We haven't been a clan long enough to do a staff update as we are still testing out who will be committed. We need those who would actually do the work.

I am receiving more applications to UFF clan than I can handle alone. Others are not able to handle it.

New UFF members are not being followed up on well enough as our system is not geared well enough fast enough to facilitate it.

It seems that SeeD is more developed in this area. What do you think? Could you handle many applicants to SeeD? It seems that your tiered but open system facilitates it well.

It is not that I seek to maintain a position of leadership, nor do I seek this for others in UFF clan. UFF Clanmembers believe you "are" what you "do". We do not believe in handing out titles for prestige.

What we desire is to maintain our clan values.

For UFF to join SeeD as individuals is not our difficulty.

Our difficulty is knowing whether or not our values will still be intact and that our vision will go forward.

UFF is a clan that any Runescape player can join. Unlike other clans where only the gay players of certain elite levels are the only ones invited. SeeD has no level restrictions for those joining. We have this in common.

UFF is a clan that does not believe in the lordship type of leadership but has by-example leadership. This appears reflected in SeeD but I would like to know more specifically about how leaders are in SeeD. What manner of leadership model do you guys follow?

Our values are mentioned at...

I'd appreciate to know if we disagree in values with SeeD on any particular points.

Also I'd like to know where our agreement with each other most greatly stands.

Sorry we haven't had time to get to know each other better before I contacted you, but as I said, we're a new rapidly growing clan.

I am communicating with you at SeeD in order to find solutions for the UFF Clan and to find out if joining together with you is the future and direction of our own clan.

This post has been edited by dokimos0rg: 15 November 2005 - 10:02 PM

#13 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Baseballl {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 15 November 2005 - 09:59 PM

Ok, I understand now.

Our leaders are chosen first by their example of leadership in the clan, maturity, activity, and their respect for the rules. Since we allow anyone in the clan who isn't a hacker or scammer, allowing your members wouldn't be a problem and since our vision is the same, your vision would last if that is what is worrying you.

However, I'll leave the rest up to Cspace since he is the leader and can decide what to do. I'm all for you guys joining us, so hopefully it will happen thumb.gif
Alex

#14 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Aaron {lang:icon}

• Hai
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_gallery}

Posted 15 November 2005 - 10:08 PM

I have no leadership position whatsoever, but I believe this would be a good move. If you decide to merely borrow our clan structure, then that is fine. SeeD is an extremely well-developed group of people, but of course we're not without our flaws. If a merge is found to be in both clans' best interests, then I think it would bring good to both parties. The RuneScape faction of SeeD is and has been dying for quite some time now. We cannot seem to jumpstart activity, and many of our members (including myself) have joined other RuneScape clans. UFF seems to be strong in RuneScape, and surely is a capable clan. With SeeD's experienced leaders and structure along with UFF's numbers and activity level, this could be a major change for good. I think Cspace and the other leaders need to look into this seriously. TheSmile.gif

This post has been edited by Nighthawk551: 15 November 2005 - 10:10 PM

#15 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Daryl C {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 15 November 2005 - 10:09 PM

It sounds like we have the same in mind as a whole. I read through that page of yours and most of it is what we go by as well. I also see no problem with this since it would bring a lot more activity to the clan once again and we would meet lots of new people. But like Baseball said the final decision should by made by Cspace

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users