#46 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Aaron {lang:icon}

• Hai
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 15 February 2007 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE(Res @ Feb 13 2007, 02:20 PM) {lang:macro__view_post}

QUOTE(Nuu @ Aug 18 2006, 02:22 AM) {lang:macro__view_post}

QUOTE(I changed this to be annoying @ Aug 18 2006, 02:56 PM) {lang:macro__view_post}

Good to see nihilism is alive and well on Curvedspace.

rofl.gif Note that so many people are 'Christian' on this board, yet none have so far said 'to serve God' or to 'be friends withs Jesus' or whatever the meaning of life in the Bible is. bluetongue.gif

Also note the flood of Christian values that I predict will come after this post.

No, because I'd rather not fight that fight. Whenever it does come up, it's generally a no win situation because people can be quite relentless in bashing religion. I'd much rather just sit back and keep quiet while the discussion carries on. If it's brought up, it's always a no win situation because people need answers other than faith.

I'd like a definitive answer, sure. I don't need them. That's where my faith comes in. Look at the line in my signature. Explains a lot.

(Btw, I'd like to point out that my post would appear to hold less than your predicted amount of Christian values that you said would flood the thread. We're not all zealots.)

Well put, Res. People need to realize that most of Generation Y are generally relaxed about their Christian faith. I don't stand on street corners and tell of a fiery end that one will meet if they don't repent now. I don't attempt to convert others to Christianity just so I can put another notch on my "Gospel Gun." I'm not ultra-conservative, either. I defend the values of my faith, but I consider myself open minded. I am not discriminative of people of a different color or faith. I don't turn and point at an Atheist or Satanist, rather I am more likely to befriend them. I don't befriend a non-Christian, convert them, and then leave them. Nor do I befriend them for the sole purpose of making them a Christian. I'll tell them about my faith if they ask, otherwise I won't bug them about it. Using people in this way is one of my pet peeves about many Christians. It's my personal worldview and I don't expect anyone to believe the same unless they want to.

By the way, Res, where did you find that second quote (not the Anonymous one) in your signature? I really like it.

#47 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Res {lang:icon}

• Ol' Crazy Res
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 15 February 2007 - 03:05 AM

I dunno. I ran across it somewhere on the interblag!

That's the same way about me. Sad thing is, as Christians, we're supposed to spread the word and bring more people to Christ. However, while I'm not at all against that, I'm certainly against shoving it down other peoples throats. Because I hate it when people do that to me. Why should I do something to someone that I myself loathe?

If people want to know, they ask. If they're curious, I tell. I don't say "ACCEPT CHRIST OR I HATE YOU." Like a few people I know in real life.

How's this: I believe in belief. If you believe in Buddhism, by all means, follow through that faith as long as possible. If you're Jewish, go Jews. If you're Atheist, great. Not my worry. YOu believe what you believe and I'll believe what I believe.

Does that work with people?

And BTW. The ultimate question is "How many roads must a man walk down?" Arthur forfeited that question to the mice because he claims that no question he had ever come up with had ever brought him one iota of happiness. So that's what I believe he says the meaning of life is.

"Do right. Be happy."

Right now, my meaning of life? A redheaded sweetheart who's about to give me a call in a few minutes. <3 That's what makes me happy. That's what I live for.

"If you don't have anything worth dying for, you don't have anything worth living for."
Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.
Such a heavy burden now to be "The One".
Born to bear and read to all the details of our ending
To write it down for all the world to see.

#48 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Nuu™™ {lang:icon}

• OGFEWSWCSWOCSUUPOTOFTW
  • Icon
  • Group: New Member

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE(Aarоn @ Feb 15 2007, 12:13 PM) {lang:macro__view_post}
By the way, Res, where did you find that second quote (not the Anonymous one) in your signature? I really like it.

It is by a fellow by the name of Caspal or something, I believe. It was on Compass the other day.
I have trademarked the symbol: '™'. You fail at display names.

^ Thanks to Nazy for the... thingy ^

Things which you should look at:

SKoA - http://skoa.cspacezone.com/ , if you have any Age of Empires games.

The DS Garden Festival Minigame - Link , whether you play DStorm or not.

The Most Mysterious SSSS - Link For people who don't care about...things.

Like LEGO? Play Blockland!

I may be an Arbiter, but I'll always be a SeeDy little man.™™

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users