CurvedSpace Forums: World Government - CurvedSpace Forums

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

World Government

Poll: World Goverment

Should there be one?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Should Nuu be the Head of this government?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Somebody set up us the bomb.

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Elvenblader {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 21 July 2006 - 05:26 AM

There is no possible way a world government that could be formed. When it comes to wester and eastern society, things vary greatly. Ranging from religious and culutural beliefs to ethical and social beliefs. What some people in western society find acceptable is considered a sin and atrocious in eastern society. In the United States the constitution states that each person is guaranteed the three basic freedoms. Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of happiness. This is totally different in a country say like China, India, or Iran. The only real way the world would come anywhere near to forming a world government would be that everyone would have to be brain washed and genetically altered so people are tolerable and acceptable of everyone. Next to impossible.

A Proud Member of the VGVN

One World, One People

"A Bullet Between the Eyes Equals Ultimate Demise" -Insane_Maniac-

#17 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Jake {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 21 July 2006 - 06:53 AM

We love che! IPB Image

#18 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Nuu™™ {lang:icon}

• OGFEWSWCSWOCSUUPOTOFTW
  • Icon
  • Group: New Member

Posted 21 July 2006 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE(Elvenblader @ Jul 21 2006, 03:26 PM) {lang:macro__view_post}

There is no possible way a world government that could be formed. When it comes to wester and eastern society, things vary greatly. Ranging from religious and culutural beliefs to ethical and social beliefs. What some people in western society find acceptable is considered a sin and atrocious in eastern society. In the United States the constitution states that each person is guaranteed the three basic freedoms. Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of happiness. This is totally different in a country say like China, India, or Iran. The only real way the world would come anywhere near to forming a world government would be that everyone would have to be brain washed and genetically altered so people are tolerable and acceptable of everyone. Next to impossible.

So you are saying that in China, India or Iran, people cannot be free, pursue happiness, or even live? I think you have been exposed to too much American propaganda. Indeed, China has some issues with human rights, namely self-expression and censoring, but Indians or Iranians? How do they differ from Americans in those three statements? And what of that the West and the East having different ethics? 7% of Australians are Asians, and our culture is greatly affected by Asian culture. There is Christian churches and a Buddhist temple in the city where I live, and the two religions live side by side. I don't see how a single governing body would create more racism, different cultures live together under one goverment all over the place.
I have trademarked the symbol: '™'. You fail at display names.

^ Thanks to Nazy for the... thingy ^

Things which you should look at:

SKoA - http://skoa.cspacezone.com/ , if you have any Age of Empires games.

The DS Garden Festival Minigame - Link , whether you play DStorm or not.

The Most Mysterious SSSS - Link For people who don't care about...things.

Like LEGO? Play Blockland!

I may be an Arbiter, but I'll always be a SeeDy little man.™™

#19 {lang:macro__useroffline}   ticktockclok {lang:icon}

• Retro Week!
  • Icon

Posted 21 July 2006 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE(Elvenblader @ Jul 21 2006, 06:26 AM) {lang:macro__view_post}

Err.... can I stop to say how ridiculously stupid that post was?
I'm Indian. When I go to India, my cousins are happy. They play games, aren't 'forced' to do anything, hang out with friends. They are certainly different than us, think more 'innocent'. But just because the US decided to put it on paper and name it Constitution, doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't have those rights too.
And now we have the quote of the day, from greenl2l: PLONGED!!!
IPB Image

#20 {lang:macro__useroffline}   ©allum {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 22 July 2006 - 03:36 AM

India's the largest democracy in the world.
Posted Image

#21 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Joseph {lang:icon}

• Originally Joined - July 2004
  • Icon

Posted 22 July 2006 - 08:19 PM

Overall, India is doing alot better than it was even a few decades ago. However, most of their population is still quite poor. When you think of India as a major economic power, you need to understand that most of that comes from the cities like Bombay.

Ticktock, maybe the reason your cousins are so well-off is because they live in a more wealthy area of India. They're probably in the upper-class, correct?

#22 {lang:macro__useroffline}   ©allum {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 23 July 2006 - 12:14 AM

People don't need money to be happy.
Posted Image

#23 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Neraphym {lang:icon}

• Do not want!
  • Icon
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 23 July 2006 - 01:13 AM

In the United States the constitution states that each person is guaranteed the three basic freedoms. Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of happiness.

Wrong document. That's the declairation of independence. bluetongue.gif

Right now, I pay about 8 cents on every dollar I make so that old people can die slower. That's america. I'd have to pay 108 cents on the dollar to support the entire world's poverty. Also, some poor chinese kid is probably working his {expletive antidisestablishmentarianized by Cspace} of every day so that I can buy stuff cheaper and live a less costly life. That only works because not everyone is subject to America's labor and wage laws. If they were, I wouldn't be able to afford all the things I can. That's why the world cannot exist under one governemnt. One country has to rape another in order to promote growth.
Neraphym Archaeon
Posted Image
GWAMM

#24 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Zziggywolf5 {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Moderator

Post icon  Posted 23 July 2006 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE(Neraphym @ Jul 22 2006, 09:13 PM) {lang:macro__view_post}

In the United States the constitution states that each person is guaranteed the three basic freedoms. Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of happiness.

Wrong document. That's the declairation of independence. bluetongue.gif

Right now, I pay about 8 cents on every dollar I make so that old people can die slower. That's america. I'd have to pay 108 cents on the dollar to support the entire world's poverty. Also, some poor chinese kid is probably working his {expletive antidisestablishmentarianized by Cspace} of every day so that I can buy stuff cheaper and live a less costly life. That only works because not everyone is subject to America's labor and wage laws. If they were, I wouldn't be able to afford all the things I can. That's why the world cannot exist under one governemnt. One country has to rape another in order to promote growth.

Thank GOD I'm not alone. nonono2.gif

QUOTE (JGJTan @ Jul 17 2008, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I endorse stalking. :thumb:

#25 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Elvenblader {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 23 July 2006 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE(ticktockclok @ Jul 21 2006, 07:47 AM) {lang:macro__view_post}

I'm Indian. When I go to India, my cousins are happy. They play games, aren't 'forced' to do anything, hang out with friends. They are certainly different than us, think more 'innocent'. But just because the US decided to put it on paper and name it Constitution, doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't have those rights too.

Tick Tock, I dont know what your problem is but please stop being so disrespectful. It's fine if you want to speak your mind, but geez leave the nitpicking and insults at the door. I was naming off countries that first came to mind. Neraphym you were right, it was the Declaration of Independence. When I posted this I was up very late the previous day and wasnt fully awake. icon_sweatdrop.gif

Also to Nuu, if the world was to form a world government. Who would be the people in charge of forming those laws saying what is right and what isnt right? Call me ignorant if you wish. Maybe I am just listening to American propaganda. But to be honest, as long as people are around, there will always be war. Some people will always pose the government and there will be some group out there trying to cleanse the world of another ethnicity. Always will be some insane whackjob out there trying to harm innocent people. I really dont know what you would call this. But thats my opinion and what I think.

P.S. My opinion, everyone is created equally and deserves to be treated with the same amount of respect and decency as anyone else. It does not matter who you are, where you come from. No one is better than someone else. Dont judge a person by their looks, but look at the inside of them and see them for who they truly are.

This post has been edited by Elvenblader: 23 July 2006 - 10:44 AM

One World, One People

#26 {lang:macro__useroffline}   ticktockclok {lang:icon}

• Retro Week!
  • Icon

Posted 23 July 2006 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE(Elvenblader @ Jul 23 2006, 11:37 AM) {lang:macro__view_post}

Tick Tock, I dont know what your problem is but please stop being so disrespectful. It's fine if you want to speak your mind, but geez leave the nitpicking and insults at the door. I was naming off countries that first came to mind. Neraphym you were right, it was the Declaration of Independence. When I posted this I was up very late the previous day and wasnt fully awake. icon_sweatdrop.gif

Also to Nuu, if the world was to form a world government. Who would be the people in charge of forming those laws saying what is right and what isnt right? Call me ignorant if you wish. Maybe I am just listening to American propaganda. But to be honest, as long as people are around, there will always be war. Some people will always pose the government and there will be some group out there trying to cleanse the world of another ethnicity. Always will be some insane whackjob out there trying to harm innocent people. I really dont know what you would call this. But thats my opinion and what I think.

P.S. My opinion, everyone is created equally and deserves to be treated with the same amount of respect and decency as anyone else. It does not matter who you are, where you come from. No one is better than someone else. Dont judge a person by their looks, but look at the inside of them and see them for who they truly are.

'First came to your mind'. Hah. "It does not matter who you are, where you come from. No one is better than someone else."? What a hypocrite!
And now we have the quote of the day, from greenl2l: PLONGED!!!
IPB Image

#27 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Neraphym {lang:icon}

• Do not want!
  • Icon

Posted 23 July 2006 - 10:12 PM

I believe that some people are better than others. Obviously, if you put a paralyzed person up against an olympic athelete, then see which can run a mile the fastest, who do you think would win? Truth is, some poeple are greater than others. It's sad, but true. bluetongue.gif

Personally, I believe in complete social equality. Everyone gets the same number of votes, 1. No one person is worth more socially than the next. When it comes to everything else, let darwin rule.
Neraphym Archaeon
Posted Image
GWAMM

#28 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Elvenblader {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 23 July 2006 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE(ticktockclok @ Jul 23 2006, 12:25 PM) {lang:macro__view_post}

QUOTE(Elvenblader @ Jul 23 2006, 11:37 AM) {lang:macro__view_post}

'First came to your mind'. Hah. "It does not matter who you are, where you come from. No one is better than someone else."? What a hypocrite!

I dont see how you can call me a hypocrite. I didnt say or do anything that shows that I am a hypocrite. If I said that everyone deserves to be treated with respect, but I go and disrespect someone else. That is being a hypocrite. The first three countries that came to mind were the ones I listed. That has nothing to do with me being a hypcorite. I'm not going to try and argue with you anymore. We can agree to disagree, you can call me a hypocrite all you want. I know who I am and what I have to say. If you dont like what I have to say then fine, that' your opinion.

This post has been edited by Elvenblader: 23 July 2006 - 11:27 PM

One World, One People

#29 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Joseph {lang:icon}

• Originally Joined - July 2004
  • Icon

Posted 24 July 2006 - 04:38 AM

Ticktock can be a tad immature sometimes and call people names during a debate. bluetongue.gif

#30 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Neraphym {lang:icon}

• Do not want!
  • Icon

Posted 25 July 2006 - 09:07 PM

Oh yeah, Joseph? Well I think you are a poopy-head! angry-smiley-019.gif

(I'm so bored right now... sad.gif )
Neraphym Archaeon
Posted Image
GWAMM

• (4 Pages)