• {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

Esthar Academy An introduction

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Final F8 {lang:icon}

• Do you remember...
  • Icon
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:46 AM

Troops of Esthar Garden,
Welcome... to the Esthar Acedemy. (Subforum should be up soon grnwink.gif )
I, as your Headmaster, will be running the Academy so as to improve your skills and confidence in the Wilderness. Every week (maybe more frequent, we'll see what happens) I'll post a lesson about some aspect of the Wilderness. Things such as the basics, getting to know the wilderness, surviving, different aspects of PKing, wars and more.
You will be able to ask questions and also make a request for what you want to learn about.

Once the sub-forum is up:
- All the lessons will go in there, however, for now they'll have to be pinned here.
- I'll take some more questions you have about other aspects of the game, such as combat training, and questions about other skills.
- Members will be able to post guides and tips of their own. We want to be able to help our fellow Garden members be the best they can, right? grnwink.gif
- We will be able to hold practical assessments in game. PKing trips, Mock wars, Duelling tournamets ad castle wars will be good practice. (yes, I know we're not all RS members, but there will still be some events on member worlds)
- More stuff bluetongue.gif

I'm going to start the lessons today with the basics of the wilderness. Most of this you all should know. bluetongue.gif

What is the Wilderness?
The wilderness, also called the 'wildy' or 'wild' is the northern section of the F2P area. If you head north from Varrock or Falador, you'll be in the wilderness before too long.
It is the area of Runescape where you can attack other players, depending on your combat level, their combat level and how deep in the wilderness you are.
The wildy is divided into levels 1 to 56. level 1 being the southern most part of the wildy, and 56 being as far North as you can go. You can tell what level you are in by looking at the bottom right corner of your game screen.
If you are level 60 combat and in level 10 wildy, you can attack and be attacked by anyone within 10 levels of you. (lvl 50 - lvl 70). If you are level 60 and in level 50 wilderness, you can attack and be attacked by anyone 50 within 50 levels of you. (lvl 10 - lvl 110). So it could prove a very dangerous place to be.
There are areas in the wilderess which are 'multicombat'. This means that it can be more than just a 1 on 1 fight.

You can't use teleport spells when you are any deeper than level 20 wilderness.

Remember, if you die, you keep your 3 most valuable items. However, if you attack someone in the wilderness you will get a skull above your head (skulled), if you die while you are skulled, you will lose everything you have with you. The skull lasts for 20 minutes after you last attacked someone.
If you are attacked by someone and retaliate, you won't be skulled.

What are PKers?
PKers or Player Killers are people who go into the wilderness looking for people to kill. They usually travel in teams which consist of all three combat styles; melee, range and mage. However it is possible for PKers to travel alone. I'll cover more aspects of PKing in coming weeks.

I think that pretty much covers the basics of the wilderness. Hopefully Esthar members will benefit from these in the next few lessons. With a bit more wildy knowledge and confidence, we'll be make an exceptional team (and be unbeatable and any Garden wars that may occur bluetongue.gif)

- headmaster F8 grinning-smiley-048.gif

::EDIT::
Remember, you can post any questions you have about this topic (basics of the wilderness). Also, post your comments and suggestions about the Academy. Thanks grnwink.gif
Runescape:
Final F8 - Member of 'Dark Slayers'(inactive)

WoW:
Thrall Server (US) Alliance (sometimes-active)
Luu - 90 Warlock
Lion - 85 Druid
Crikey - 85 Hunter
Deathknut - 88 Death Knight
Mindbullets - 85 Priest

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   JGJTan {lang:icon}

• Smile and be happy. =)
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 11 April 2005 - 08:22 AM

Now *this* sounds awesome Final! thumb.gif

Hehe an Academy for those in Esthar... this'll rock. grnwink.gif

^^ Thanks Ayumi, you rock!! ^^

How many five-year-olds could you take in a fight?
Red Carnation, Hibiscus. Spiderflower. White Violet... Peony?

Click here to learn about the language of flowers

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Goto {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Global Moderator

Posted 11 April 2005 - 09:57 AM

Yep, it's a good idea. biglaugh.gif

#4 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Pureblade {lang:icon}

• min ære er mitt liv
  • Icon
  • Group: New Member

Posted 11 April 2005 - 08:58 PM

Awesome idea final! I might sound stupid, but even I didn't know that teleport spells couldn't be used past lvl 20 wild...wow. icon_sweatdrop.gif

This is gonna be great...we can start planning training, trips to wild, ect.

Looks like Esthar is turning out great! thumb.gif
Darkstorm Character Profiles:
Neolumin Animate
Cacodaemon Hemoian

#5 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Hax the Cook {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 11 April 2005 - 08:59 PM

I'd new you would do somthing awesome bluetongue.gif
I need to learn some tips meself....

user posted image
Jesus says:
p3n0r.
~ JGJTan ~ Devils dance while angels smile says:
WOOT

...........______.............__.........................
........../\__ _\.........../\ \........................
..........\/_/\ \/......___..\ \ \/'\.....____...........
.._______....\ \ \..../' _ `\.\ \ , <..../',__\.._______.
./\______\....\_\ \__./\ \/\ \.\ \ \\`\./\__, `\/\______\
.\/______/..../\_____\\ \_\ \_\.\ \_\\_\\/\____/\/______/
..............\/_____/.\/_/\/_/..\/_//_/.\/___/..........

#6 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Daryl C {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:10 PM

Good plan with this final.

#7 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Final F8 {lang:icon}

• Do you remember...
  • Icon

Posted 12 April 2005 - 12:05 AM

I'm glad people like the idea, and I'm glad I've already taught someone something new biglaugh.gif

oh helper monkey, could you pin this, please? bluetongue.gif
Runescape:

WoW:
Luu - 90 Warlock
Lion - 85 Druid
Crikey - 85 Hunter
Mindbullets - 85 Priest

#8 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Aaron {lang:icon}

• Hai
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_gallery}

Posted 12 April 2005 - 12:33 AM

PKing! Whee...!! bluetongue.gif

#9 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Goto {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 12 April 2005 - 02:46 AM

Sure thing, Final.

#10 {lang:macro__useroffline}   fother0 {lang:icon}

• Small Powers
  • Icon

Posted 29 April 2005 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE(Final F8 @ Apr 11 2005, 02:46 AM)
Troops of Esthar Garden,
I, as your Headmaster, will be running the Academy so as to improve your skills and confidence in the Wilderness. Every week (maybe more frequent, we'll see what happens) I'll post a lesson about some aspect of the Wilderness. Things such as the basics, getting to know the wilderness, surviving, different aspects of PKing, wars and more.
You will be able to ask questions and also make a request for what you want to learn about.

- All the lessons will go in there, however, for now they'll have to be pinned here. 
- I'll take some more questions you have about other aspects of the game, such as combat training, and questions about other skills.
- Members will be able to post guides and tips of their own. We want to be able to help our fellow Garden members be the best they can, right? grnwink.gif
- We will be able to hold practical assessments in game. PKing trips, Mock wars, Duelling tournamets ad castle wars will be good practice. (yes, I know we're not all RS members, but there will still be some events on member worlds)

I'm going to start the lessons today with the basics of the wilderness. Most of this you all should know. bluetongue.gif

What is the Wilderness?
The wilderness, also called the 'wildy' or 'wild' is the northern section of the F2P area. If you head north from Varrock or Falador, you'll be in the wilderness before too long.
It is the area of Runescape where you can attack other players, depending on your combat level, their combat level and how deep in the wilderness you are.
The wildy is divided into levels 1 to 56. level 1 being the southern most part of the wildy, and 56 being as far North as you can go. You can tell what level you are in by looking at the bottom right corner of your game screen.
If you are level 60 combat and in level 10 wildy, you can attack and be attacked by anyone within 10 levels of you. (lvl 50 - lvl 70). If you are level 60 and in level 50 wilderness, you can attack and be attacked by anyone 50 within 50 levels of you. (lvl 10 - lvl 110). So it could prove a very dangerous place to be.
There are areas in the wilderess which are 'multicombat'. This means that it can be more than just a 1 on 1 fight.

Remember, if you die, you keep your 3 most valuable items. However, if you attack someone in the wilderness you will get a skull above your head (skulled),  if you die while you are skulled, you will lose everything you have with you. The skull lasts for 20 minutes after you last attacked someone.

What are PKers?
PKers or Player Killers are people who go into the wilderness looking for people to kill. They usually travel in teams which consist of all three combat styles; melee, range and mage. However it is possible for PKers to travel alone. I'll cover more aspects of PKing in coming weeks.

I think that pretty much covers the basics of the wilderness. Hopefully Esthar members will benefit from these in the next few lessons. With a bit more wildy knowledge and confidence, we'll be make an exceptional team (and be unbeatable and any Garden wars that may occur bluetongue.gif)

Remember, you can post any questions you have about this topic (basics of the wilderness). Also, post your comments and suggestions about the Academy. Thanks grnwink.gif
{lang:macro__view_post}

i am definatly training my fishing to level 50 and cooking as high as i can go now im going in the wildy

#11 {lang:macro__useroffline}   fother0 {lang:icon}

• Small Powers
  • Icon

Posted 29 April 2005 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE(fother0 @ Apr 28 2005, 08:31 PM)
QUOTE(Final F8 @ Apr 11 2005, 02:46 AM)
Troops of Esthar Garden,

What is the Wilderness?

Remember, if you die, you keep your 3 most valuable items. However, if you attack someone in the wilderness you will get a skull above your head (skulled),  if you die while you are skulled, you will lose everything you have with you. The skull lasts for 20 minutes after you last attacked someone.

What are PKers?

i am definatly training my fishing to level 50 and cooking as high as i can go now im going in the wildy

so once i do ill be killing strong players

#12 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Goto {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 30 April 2005 - 02:21 AM

Hey, next time if you could just edit your first post rather than post again. There should be a little 'edit' button below and to the right of your post.

Thanks. TheSmile.gif

#13 {lang:macro__useroffline}   NeoDraven {lang:icon}

• Esthar Leader/TARIS Co-Leader
  • Icon

Posted 20 July 2005 - 05:50 PM

Final F8 get out of my seat okay... and get back into your desk the desk in your classroom your just a teacher im the Headmaster the Head Honcho the Big Kahuna the Founder and Leader of Esthar Elite Guard its not nice to do a hostile take-over while i was having sharp pointy needles shoved in my back to help with my Cancer Treatment....

okay your just a substitute teacher...
<a href="http://www.cspacezone.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28996" target="_blank">Elghinn Zotreth (The Warrior, Main Darkstorm Character</a>

"I am the bone of my sword.
Steel is my body and fire is my blood.
I have created over thousand blades.
Unaware of loss, Nor aware of gain.
Withstood pain to create many weapons,
Waiting for one's arrival.
I have no regrets, this is the only path.
My whole life was 'Unlimited Blade Works"

#14 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Goto {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 20 July 2005 - 11:44 PM

Before you get too carried away about a 'hostile takeover' Notty, the garden system was redone quite a while ago. The old sub-gardens were pretty much done away with, and everyone chose one of 5 larger gardens. Esthar has no relation to the Esthar Elite Guard, so while you're welcome to join Esthar Garden if you want, it's not the garden you used to lead. grnwink.gif

#15 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Final F8 {lang:icon}

• Do you remember...
  • Icon

Posted 21 July 2005 - 01:29 AM

^^ Exactly.

Esthar Elite Guard was a Sub-Garden which is no longer used.
Esthar Garden has nothing to do with Esthar Elite Guard
Runescape:

WoW:
Luu - 90 Warlock
Lion - 85 Druid
Crikey - 85 Hunter
Mindbullets - 85 Priest

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users